Habitation Check

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Re: Habitation Check

Post by AdrianC »

keith wrote:
AdrianC wrote:
Revd Andy wrote:The 'central heating is under the bent seat in the back and I have the instructions, wiring diagrams and everything for that. I am pretty sure that this is a later addition, not part of the original conversion.

The original conversion/build (is it a "conversion", if it was done before the original sale through a VW dealer...?) would certainly have had a heater (Eberspacher) under the sliding door outside.

Some pics might be useful. There's a whole stack of fairly easy clues as to what's an original Westy and what isn't. On a hightop, is there a gutter above the windscreen, below where the hightop fits? Are the ceilings in cab and under the upstairs bed flat? If so, then it's almost certainly original.

not all Westies had an eber from birth

I know Californias didn't, once the lowering of specs kicked in. But I thought all Jokers did? <shrug>
Last edited by AdrianC on 31 Jan 2014, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Revd Andy
80-90 Mem No: 13055

Post by Revd Andy »

Thanks everyone.

So I have added some scans of some of the documents I have to my van profile. There is some 'TUV' stuff from 2003 and quite a big VW bill from 2004. These are in German of course. Then when it comes to the 'central heating' I have attached the receipt for a Heatsource HS2000 from 2006. I have also set up a facebook (Lola Armitt) account for Lola as I couldn't seem to get the rubbish pics I have to upload to 80-90.

Thanks for the advice about Spannerboy, I have messaged him.

Andy

keith
80-90 Mem No: 5169

Post by keith »

come on Andy....get them big pics up.

my guess!!! proper westy with an added / substitute heater
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Revd Andy wrote:So I have added some scans of some of the documents I have to my van profile. There is some 'TUV' stuff from 2003 and quite a big VW bill from 2004. These are in German of course. Then when it comes to the 'central heating' I have attached the receipt for a Heatsource HS2000 from 2006. I have also set up a facebook (Lola Armitt) account for Lola as I couldn't seem to get the rubbish pics I have to upload to 80-90.

They're in the garage page (click on the blue vehicle description under Andy's name to the left) for Lola.

Green sheet is the 2003 (expired 05) biannual gas tank safety check - legal requirement for Germany, irrelevant here.
The TuV white pages seem to be the invoice for that and a few other odds'n'sods.
The VW white pages seem to be an invoice for a fairly major service, with clutch work.

The photos are... tiny. <peers> I think it's a beige and white VW.
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

keith

Post by keith »

tiny.
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Blimey..I bet even Keith struggled to make anything out ...and he's got the eagle eye :D
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

keith

Post by keith »

all I could tell is that its a volkwagen
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

Revd Andy
80-90 Mem No: 13055

Post by Revd Andy »

LOL! Sorry guys, and girls, can't work out how to upload bigger images. Some quick pics taken today are at http://tinypic.com/3ia3tq81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I will take some more tomorrow.

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Revd Andy wrote:Some quick pics taken today are at http://tinypic.com/3ia3tq81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I will take some more tomorrow.

That all looks Westfalia. A few differences to our '88 hightop, but nothing that raises an eyebrow here.