Best Waterproof Breathable Cover?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MOLLYTHEVIKING
80-90 Mem No: 0

Best Waterproof Breathable Cover?

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Morning,

I need to sort out a Waterproof Breathable Cover for my Viking to try and keep the rust at bay, and to keep the footwell dry until I can fix it. In your opinions what is the best cover to go for? I'll basically just use it when it is raining, I'll remove it during the some months....

Thanks

Clive

Buffers
80-90 Mem No: 12048

Re: Best Waterproof Breathable Cover?

Post by Buffers »

I brought 1 this year from Just Kampers. I'm please with it, it's doing the job :ok

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Been asked a lot and answered to death, try using the search :ok

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... r#p7636716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... r#p7928965" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... r#p7931348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

MOLLYTHEVIKING

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Sorry, should have looked first really :) one thing which I can't find out though and am not sure about is what cover to go for as mines a Viking. The roof is kind of in between a pop top and hightop....

CJH
80-90 Mem No: 12576

Post by CJH »

MOLLYTHEVIKING wrote:Sorry, should have looked first really :) one thing which I can't find out though and am not sure about is what cover to go for as mines a Viking. The roof is kind of in between a pop top and hightop....

Hi Clive

I bought one from a member on here, and I think it's this 'deluxe' one from JK. It fits over my Viking pop top quite well. It pulls down to just below the bumpers, so the elastic has something to grip. It's a tight fit around the bumpers, and I've heard that it won't fit if you've got, say, a ladder on the back.

JK seem to have discontinued the 'deluxe' covers (maybe they're just temporarily out of stock), and replaced them with the 'luxury' cover, but the size description seems to be the same - might be worth checking with them though.

The 'luxury' cover seems like a much better product, although I have no complaints about my 'deluxe' cover - even in very wet weather it keeps the van nice and dry.
"I'm a man of means, by no means....King of the Road!"

1983 Viking Xplorer, 2.1DJ

MOLLYTHEVIKING

Post by MOLLYTHEVIKING »

Cheers Chris, so yours isn't a hightop model then. I'll give the luxury one a go :)

CJH
80-90 Mem No: 12576

Post by CJH »

MOLLYTHEVIKING wrote:Cheers Chris, so yours isn't a hightop model then. I'll give the luxury one a go :)

No, my cover wouldn't be suitable for a high top, so although I can't find any trace of a code number on it I'm certain it's not the high top version.
"I'm a man of means, by no means....King of the Road!"

1983 Viking Xplorer, 2.1DJ

VWKat
80-90 Mem No: 13186

Post by VWKat »

i had a Just Kampers one and to be honest, it kept it clean and probably better than if I had left it out but in my opinion, it kept the damp in. If I was going to buy another one, I would purchase a small good quality caravan cover, that has lots of room for air to flow and they seem although, not so cool and the JK ones, much better quality.
Early 1985 1.9 WBX Autosleeper Camper

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Canuba wax....

not plastic :D
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)