leisure battery

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

rubber duck
80-90 Mem No: 0

leisure battery

Post by rubber duck »

Hi All ,
Please could someone give advice on which leisure battery would be best value for my t25 westfalia year 1989 and where to purchase it.
Many thanks

New Kentish Campers
80-90 Mem No: 8994

Re: leisure battery

Post by New Kentish Campers »

Start here: http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/Ca ... s_that_fit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And then decide on which sort of battery you might need, depending on the work its going to be given. Try to buy the highest capacity that you can so its not going to be overworked. Plenty of places to buy them from, camper accessory shops, ebay, etc.

If it is going under your passenger seat make quite sure of the size required before you buy it :roll: Measure you starter battery's maximum height assuming its under the drivers seat; your leisure/normal battery must not be taller or it will foul the metal seat base with interesting results!

My van has a good 'normal' battery used for leisure purposes but a proper leisure battery is of course the best bet, but they tend to cost a bit more. My other van has a large, hefty leisure battery fitted under the sink area but remember that weight is a factor too. You could be better off with a smaller leisure/normal battery under the passenger seat and have it topped up via a split charger whilst driving or better still, by a solar panel when camping for instance. This would be particularly good when camping where a mains hook-up isn't available.

Take a good read through the tech.sections as there is plenty there to help you. :ok