T25 interior designing

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

VWMartin
80-90 Mem No: 13095

T25 interior designing

Post by VWMartin »

Hi guys,

The time has come for me to look for my first van (a T25). I've heard that i need to take my time so im hoping to have one in time for July, when we have a few things lined up, which would be nice if we could do them in our own camper. That gives me plenty of time (i think) to decide what i want and have a good look around whats available. Ive been thinking about what i want and ive found a few for sale which have a few different options to give me some ideas to suit me.

For the interior, ideally i would strip it out and start my own layout, from scratch, the way i want it. Obviously, it depends on what type of van i get but my ideal interior would be:

- full width rock and roll bed (so i can carry 5 people in total)
- swivel front seats
- small unit with fridge, grill, hob, sink behind drivers seat

Ive tried to find some information on how big the interiors are on wiki but cant find exactly what im looking for and obviously, without having a van i cant measure myself.

So, in order for me to do some layout planning, does anyone know what the dimensions are from the back of the drivers seat to the front edge of the rock'n'roll bed in its laying position? and likewise when its a seat? in other words - whats the biggest unit you can fit in behind the drivers seat and still have room to sit on the rear bench?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Martin. :ok

1990 Transporter ~ 1z Conversion ~ Twin Slider

Clayman
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: T25 interior designing

Post by Clayman »

All I can say is. Don't just build the 1st thing you think of. I did that with my t4 and then wished I hadn't. ;-)

VWMartin
80-90 Mem No: 13095

Post by VWMartin »

Yeah that's why I want to explore some ideas. I've been in different vans and spent the night in them so know what I personally should avoid. And I've been looking round at what I like the look of etc.

Just want to get some ideas down.

1990 Transporter ~ 1z Conversion ~ Twin Slider

bartmag
80-90 Mem No: 12419

Post by bartmag »

Hi, I did it exactly the same was as you are doing it and finally picked up my T25 on Saturday. I found this on wiki which gave me an idea of the space I was going to have to play with. http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/Sc ... easurments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps and good luck
T25 1986 1.9DG converted panel van.

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Post by 1664 »

I think the most common home brew conversion mistake is failing to take into acount accessing cupboard space with the bed down. Sliding doors and/or access via hinged worktop is the usual solution. Nothing more frustrating than a bed stopping you opening a cupboard door (I'd imagine).
Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

Clayman
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Clayman »

Don't just look at t25 interiors either. Their are so many different ideas to be found in other makes and models of vehicles which could be incorporated into your t25 self build. :-)