anyone recognise the make of this trailer tent please

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

meggles

Post by meggles »

This is my latest project!!! :shock: I'm keeping the van but this will give the family a chance to camp with us. Anyway, there's very little it needs but I'd like to know what type/make it is if anybody can help please. The cover/tarp for it has 'Statusbrook' on it but that could simply be the name of an accessory company (see previous post).
I also got a removable/portable cooker sink and drainer unit with it, all in a large black plastic case. Wondering which company that came from too. I'll post a pic later. Thank you for any help you can give. :wink:

Woodyyellow
80-90 Mem No: 11769

Re: anyone recognise the make of this trailer tent please

Post by Woodyyellow »

Hiya.
Looks very similar to a 'Conway' tent. We have had two in the past, very good they are too. Currently have a Conway Corniche, awaiting restoration. I will try to dig out some images later.
Cheers, John
:D
1987 1.9 WBX DG Hi-Top. Soon to be Subaru ej20

I'm an old guy but I still learn new stuff!

meggles

Post by meggles »

Info on this cooker/sink unit also appreciated. (all folds up into a large black plastic box. Very neat!!). Many thanksImage

meggles

Post by meggles »

Woodyyellow wrote:Hiya.
Looks very similar to a 'Conway' tent. We have had two in the past, very good they are too. Currently have a Conway Corniche, awaiting restoration. I will try to dig out some images later.
Cheers, John

Thanks John. :ok I'll try looking at Conway website.

baj25
80-90 Mem No: 12953

Post by baj25 »

Looks like a Conway to me too. There should be a manufacturers plate on it somewhere, and every Conway I've seen had transfers etc on the sides. They are good trailer tents, had one for years and went all over with it. HTH, Bri

meggles

Post by meggles »

Now I've looked I've got to agree. A little like the campa but this one has a hinged rear door/flap which is not removable. The stickers have gone and left a bit of glue behind but there are no manufacturers plates unfortunately.

meggles

Post by meggles »

Spent ages trawling the internet but can only find a conway with a sideways opening rear door. Mine opens downwards :? I've found a number on the top of the draw bar which I'm hoping is the chassis number. I've dent this to Pennine who I believe make the basic conway trailer into a trailer tent. Hope I'm right. :lol:

MattBW
80-90 Mem No: 11790

Post by MattBW »

I had that exact same trailer, but the kitchen sit on rails at one end and you lifted it off? It's definitely Conway but can't remember the name of the model
1985 1.9TD AAZ -Starlight Interior
2015 California Beach

meggles

Post by meggles »

[
Last edited by meggles on 23 Jan 2014, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

meggles

Post by meggles »

MattBW wrote:I had that exact same trailer, but the kitchen sit on rails at one end and you lifted it off? It's definitely Conway but can't remember the name of the model
So that probably explains why the kitchen unit is a little unsteady when on the legs then? Making progress :wink: Thanks Matt.
Just wondering if the kitchen unit I have is an aftermarket adddition to it though.

nicq
80-90 Mem No: 10290

Post by nicq »

I think it may be a Concraft, we had one many years ago it too had no name on it. Google it on images.
2.1 Twin slider

Woodyyellow

Post by Woodyyellow »

Hi .
Well I've managed to find a very early image of the first Conway tent we had being erected, showing the kitchen unit slightly to the right. This tent did not have a drop down flap to get into the trailer. Our later one did have a drop down flap exactly like the one shown in your photos. As has been said the original kitchen unit slid onto retractable rails at the back and clipped into place. The kitchen unit had the rear light clusters and number plate fastened to it. I would think that yours has an after market kitchen unit. 

Hope this helps.
John

meggles

Post by meggles »

nicq, thanks for reply. The one I have has fixed storage cupboards running the length of each side of the interior, whereas the one in your pic doesnt so I am guessing it isn't a concraft. thanks for taking the trouble anyway.
woodyyellow. Looks like that one but there is no sign of it ever having anything fastened to the back of it but maybe it wouldn't leave any signs behind if removed. It's near enough to be that type but with slight mods. Thanks for replying. :ok

E D I T: Could the retractable rails on mine have fitted where the lights are now? Might take the rear lights out to have a look :roll:
2nd E D I T: Just looked underneath. Nothing behind rear lights - maybe behind reflectors?
Last edited by meggles on 23 Jan 2014, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

Woodyyellow

Post by Woodyyellow »

Hi again.
There was storage units along both sides of this tent, with hinged lift up lids. The later trailer tent also had this but also the end drop down flap.
Cheers
John

meggles

Post by meggles »

Woodyyellow wrote:Hi again.
There was storage units along both sides of this tent, with hinged lift up lids. The later trailer tent also had this but also the end drop down flap.
Cheers
John
Right, forget my last then. Makes sense now. Just need to find out which model! Thanks Woodyyellow. Just hoping this is a good type. I had a Dandy trailer tent once and it was the dogs wotsits!!!