Westfalia benefits

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Re: Westfalia benefits

Post by clift_d »

Ralf85 wrote:You forgot the peanut butter. So butter, then marmite then peanut butter, then the cheese melted on the top - the ultimate sandwich experience! Go on Bren you know you want to!
:mrgreen:

:shock:

I don't think I can ever remember anyone ruining a simple classic like cheese on toast in quite such a comprehensive fashion...

... bleeuch
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Post by Ralf85 »

clift_d wrote:
Ralf85 wrote:You forgot the peanut butter. So butter, then marmite then peanut butter, then the cheese melted on the top - the ultimate sandwich experience! Go on Bren you know you want to!

I don't think I can ever remember anyone ruining a simple classic like cheese on toast in quite such a comprehensive fashion...

... bleeuch

That combo is even better on crumpets cos the whole lot seeps right in - yuuuum!

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Plymman wrote:Toast won't be a deal breaker for me! What I'm seeing in westies are double swivel front seats and adjustable rear bench, do any other builds have these as standard? .
yes..
Westys have great a finish quality throughout, the rest is ergonomics, appliances and furniture.
Holdsworth villa, Autosleeper, auto homes, have a similar quality but not throughout
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Ralf85 wrote:
clift_d wrote:

... bleeuch

That combo is even better on crumpets cos the whole lot seeps right in - yuuuum!
your weird
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

Ralf85

Post by Ralf85 »

kevtherev wrote:

... bleeuch

That combo is even better on crumpets cos the whole lot seeps right in - yuuuum![/quote]
your weird[/quote]

Sorry one slight omission. It's got to be crunchy peanut butter!

mark
80-90 Mem No: 9768

Post by mark »

yes some do, but the more discerning camper would have ordered what he wanted not have the luxuries rammed down his throat. if your going to naked toast of a morning you need a grill not a pound shop thingamajig. also you need a passenger with nerves of steel as you attempt to over take a milk float and roundabouts will have the air turning blue. 2 of the faults with a westie, im off for google to find the other one

mark

Plymman wrote:Toast won't be a deal breaker for me! What I'm seeing in westies are double swivel front seats and adjustable rear bench, do any other builds have these as standard? It just seems to make it more versatile.
1988 1.9 dg Caravel.
https://i.imgur.com/oIt3VLk.jpg

keith
80-90 Mem No: 5169

Post by keith »

Type in "envy" mark.....you should find what youre looking for round about there... :wink:
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

mark
80-90 Mem No: 9768

Post by mark »

is this what you mean :rofl

mark

1988 1.9 dg Caravel.
https://i.imgur.com/oIt3VLk.jpg

keith
80-90 Mem No: 5169

Post by keith »

Its close enough :ok
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Post by AdrianC »

mark richards wrote:is this what you mean :rofl

Sorry, what were we talking about?
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ralf85

Post by Ralf85 »

Toast!
:rofl

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

well I think your all slumming it
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/ ... G_3831.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
also we dont like washing up , so a nice foil tray with chicken, tomatoes potatoes etc and bake it for an hour, fresh baked croisants,/ bread. bacon on a foil tray takes 15 mins , no fat,grease stink of frying in side , fancy a pizza and chips ? no problems, baked fish yep hehehe :wink: oh and i dont have to squat outside in the dark windy winter weather,,,
mm :rofl
cant make just the picky itself appear

trucker
80-90 Mem No: 8980

Post by trucker »

metalmick8y wrote:well I think your all slumming it
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/ ... G_3831.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
also we dont like washing up , so a nice foil tray with chicken, tomatoes potatoes etc and bake it for an hour, fresh baked croisants,/ bread. bacon on a foil tray takes 15 mins , no fat,grease stink of frying in side , fancy a pizza and chips ? no problems, baked fish yep hehehe :wink: oh and i dont have to squat outside in the dark windy winter weather,,,
mm :rofl
Is it true Lloydy is having an aga in his? :rofl and as for squatting outside your van..... :run
Quit ad modum panis tosti

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

no, esse
mm

danmetallic
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 11955

Post by danmetallic »

Another vote for a Westy. Build quality can't be argued with as it has stood the test of time. Layout and storage is all you could ask for. Lack of grill annoying for some. Things like underslung has tank provide enough storage for a years cooking plus ability to hook up other appliances. If you're happy driving a lhd then you'll be a happy camper.
1988 VW T25 Westfalia Club Joker, 2.1 iDJ