van insulation

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dumbo
80-90 Mem No: 10625

van insulation

Post by dumbo »

hi all would like to pick your brains...i would to know what is the best stuff..ie insulation /sound/road noise stuff....... to get keep the van a bit warmer and less noisey
also where can i get them wind strips/wind jammers things... that go on to the front door i think caravelle have them :? who sells them :ok cheers simon
1986 DG WBX AUTOHOMES kamper

biker1981
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: van insulation

Post by biker1981 »

im no expert ... but i went to screwfix and bought the silver foil bubble wrap as it was the cheapest by far.... i used high temp spreay glue and it sticks to the contours perfectly.

I also bought insultation from bnq made from recycled plastic to suff into any areas.

dumbo
80-90 Mem No: 10625

Post by dumbo »

:D thanks there to much to choose from??? and a lot of bloody money too :ok cheers simon
1986 DG WBX AUTOHOMES kamper

RobH
80-90 Mem No: 8671

Post by RobH »

I believe it's common practice to stuff any rockwool, spun plastic or sheeps wool based product into plastic to prevent it holding moisture and rotting from the inside out.
I've got Kingspan type stuff in relatively flat areas and a sheep/plastic bottle mix in the rear corners wrapped in rubble sacks, all seemed dry when I last had the interior side cards off.
'89 Home brew camper, 1.9 petrol twin-slider tin-top