Bike rack.

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Bonfireboy
80-90 Mem No: 9044

Bike rack.

Post by Bonfireboy »

Hi. Looking for a rack that will take 4no bikes. I have a hi-top so dont want to clash with that. Its also got the body kit... so i assume fitting a tow bar one is out of the question. Anyone with any advice? Cheers.
If it ain't broke... take it apart , that should do the trick!

nobbyfox
80-90 Mem No: 9991

Re: Bike rack.

Post by nobbyfox »

Hi.
Do you have a tow bar?
I bought a Thule Hang-on 4 bike. Fits really well on the towbar and easily supports 2 adult and 2 kids bikes.
Think rated to 65kg

Regards
Steve
Westfalia pop-top 1990 1.6JX

vandad
80-90 Mem No: 8081

Post by vandad »

Hi,
I used a normal Fiamma bike rack for a T25. I replaced the 3 bike fold down bar with an extending 4 bike one from a different Fiamma rack (designed for a larger RV type vehicle). Cheers Vandad.
1989 Magnum(?) Multivan LHD German Import was JX, now AAZ

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

The original bicycle racks that were fitted to Westys are by Paulchen - if you do a vehicle search through their online shop you can see them online. With the right fittings they can carry unto 4 bicycles and they'll work with a hightop. They also have extension legs that sat on the rear bumper so it means that not all of the weight is carried by the door.

If you buy the kit new from Paulchen it'll set you back several hundred Euros, but if you're not in a hurry keep an eye on the classifieds, or post a wanted notice. They also come up fairly regularly on ebay.de - if you can find a seller who'll post to the UK and will take Paypal then you should get a reasonable price.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro