Complete refit of t25?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

karlyau
80-90 Mem No: 0

Complete refit of t25?

Post by karlyau »

I've had Gretel, my hi-top Holdsworth for about 5 years, and had many good holidays in her.
However, shes' been parked up for 18 months or so, and she's old, damp and tatty now.

We were thinking of selling her on, but would be sad to see her go. Especially as we have a new addition to the family coming, and every new child needs a few camper van holidays!

So, now I am toying with the idea of having her stripped out and reborn: replayed or vinyl wrapped, new seals, and that sort of thing. New cupboards, upholstery, cooker, sink etc.

However, I have no idea how much that would cost. I know it's a 'piece of string' type of question, but does anyone have an idea of the cheapest, practical price? Are we talking £5k or £25k (or heaven forbid, more!)

Also, any ideas of reputable companies in or near Hampshire, who would be able to carry out the work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards, Karl
best Regards,

Karl (and Gretel)

Dazco
80-90 Mem No: 10544
Location: Sheffield. 1984 autosleeper trooper. 1.9 petrol called Jambo

Re: Complete refit of t25?

Post by Dazco »

Hiya Karl, best thing to do would be to get some pictures posted of the exterior and particular the rusty bits. As for a general cost as you say how long is a piece of string. Start with pictures and take it from there. Good luck, Daz.
Auto sleeper fitted with EJ 20 subaru lump

dbz864
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 12098

Post by dbz864 »

I'm guessing its a early Holdsworth? If its a late one, the cupboards should be in good order! The seats in holdsworths rarely stand the test of time, nearly always the roof lining etc will clean.
We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
- Marilyn Monroe

MattBW
80-90 Mem No: 11790

Post by MattBW »

How much are you up for doing yourself is also a factor :-)
1985 1.9TD AAZ -Starlight Interior
2015 California Beach

karlyau
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by karlyau »

Thanks all.

1). Actually not too much rust on it, a few seams, but Mechanically it is sound and body is good too. However it is shabby and window seals are all perished and leaking.
2) It is a B Reg .. 1.6 TD. Cupboards aren't terrible, but quite dated. The layout isn't great either, so I would want to change it to a more modern layout .. With a R&R bed.
3) I wouldn't do too much myself .. I don't have the time (and I am not very good at it!)

Ideally I would take it to a company, tell them how I want it to look (within reason) then go back a couple of weeks later, and hand over (not too much) money ...

Best Regards, Karl
best Regards,

Karl (and Gretel)

Jeff J
80-90 Mem No: 13853

Post by Jeff J »

Somebody like this company http://www.vanwurks.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; would give you a better idea of costs. Try a google search for VW Camper restoration.

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

i will take it as a figure of speach,, but if you went back in a couple of weeks then you wouldnt expect much. :lol:
as has been asked, post up detail picks of all the rusty areas
mm