Do you actually use your tap?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Do use actually use your tap?

Total votes: 0

MattBW
80-90 Mem No: 11790

Re: Do you actually use your tap?

Post by MattBW »

LOL i can't believe this is still going, I expected a couple of posts. I think I'll put mine back in, get a lighter thing and not eat too much meat for fearing of staining aluminium ;)
1985 1.9TD AAZ -Starlight Interior
2015 California Beach

keith
80-90 Mem No: 5169

Post by keith »

im trying to work out how you would go about staining aluminium using only the power of your insides. :lol:
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

Pwag20
80-90 Mem No: 11694

Post by Pwag20 »

I do and have used my tap/sink when it works!! I replaced the tap a while back as it wasn't working. It worked again for a while and now it isn't - any ideas if it uses a lot of/more power than the 12v lights (which are working)? as I am flummoxed now. Wondering if my leisure battery has seen better days.

So, in answer to the question. If the tap were working then I would use it but usually only for tooth brushing and hand washing and occasional filling of the kettle if I have no bottled water ...
Judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Post by AdrianC »

Pwag20 wrote:I do and have used my tap/sink when it works!! I replaced the tap a while back as it wasn't working. It worked again for a while and now it isn't - any ideas if it uses a lot of/more power than the 12v lights (which are working)?

They don't use very much power at all - about the same as a 12v flourescent tube. Switch is the obvious suspect. The switch in our tap died, we fitted a new tap, the switch has died again already.
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pwag20
80-90 Mem No: 11694

Post by Pwag20 »

AdrianC wrote:
Pwag20 wrote:I do and have used my tap/sink when it works!! I replaced the tap a while back as it wasn't working. It worked again for a while and now it isn't - any ideas if it uses a lot of/more power than the 12v lights (which are working)?

They don't use very much power at all - about the same as a 12v flourescent tube. Switch is the obvious suspect. The switch in our tap died, we fitted a new tap, the switch has died again already.

Urghhh. How annoying!! I only used the new one a couple of times too :? Hmmmmm
Judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Our shop sell pump controllers that sense a pumps current draw when the water flow is interrupted and turns off the pump should it rise above the set psi.
This can be set from 0 to 99 psi
the controller is 12v
features
digital display batt & aux batt voltage
pump speed control
dead end control
on off function
on constant ( no draw )

they cost a bit though about £80
but no need for a tap switch!
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

shure-flo pump pressurizes the system then the tap(smev) is progressive so either a trickle or full, i have an isolating switch for the pump.
mm