awning rubbing paint

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

janieh
80-90 Mem No: 7991

awning rubbing paint

Post by janieh »

Hi Guys

We got a Khymam Motordome Sleeper awning earlier this year. And it's been great for our hols with our daughter. However, we've been using the figure of 8 attachment strip and have noticed that it's worn a bit of paint off the top of the sliding door from when we open the door. Has anyone else had this problem? and if so, any solutions?!

cheers
Jane
1998 Westfalia Club Joker, 1.6l TD

New Kentish Campers
80-90 Mem No: 8994

Re: awning rubbing paint

Post by New Kentish Campers »

I'd suggest you buy a length of self-adhesive velcro strip, trim it to size and stick it on the top of the door edge. It wont show and the little bristles will take the wear from the figure of eight strip against it. Remember to touch-in the damaged paint first or it will begin to rust. :)

janieh

Post by janieh »

New Kentish Campers wrote:I'd suggest you buy a length of self-adhesive velcro strip, trim it to size and stick it on the top of the door edge. It wont show and the little bristles will take the wear from the figure of eight strip against it. Remember to touch-in the damaged paint first or it will begin to rust. :)

Thanks, that's a good idea. Another thing we were wondering about is whether the Fiamma sun canopy it's attached to might be moveable at all. I'm not sure how it's fixed. If it could be shifted up slightly that would solve the issue.

nicq
80-90 Mem No: 10290

Post by nicq »

You could use helicopter tape. Not cheap but very good used by bikers on front forks to stop stone chips.
2.1 Twin slider

janieh

Post by janieh »

nicq wrote:You could use helicopter tape. Not cheap but very good used by bikers on front forks to stop stone chips.

Thanks, good tip! I'll look into it.