Double bubble double foil backed insulation arrived

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

browneyes1311
80-90 Mem No: 2714

Double bubble double foil backed insulation arrived

Post by browneyes1311 »

Ok folks I havea question or two.

I have a 83 T25 hIgh top.

Beacuse Myrtle was left in the sun and not used the carpet lining which is still in v good nick is peeling off. I intend to peel it off and stick it to existing carpet using it as a template. Yes I know Im a lazy cow.I have two cans of carpet spray adhesive high temp. Do I spray the fibreglas first then spray carpet stick the insulation to that and as thats taken mea while just shove it back into place/ Or am I better using a liquid glue?

2nd question. Insulating the sides. Take off cards in innocent belief I have no rot on interior metal. If thats the case do I dynax the metal. Then glue the insulation to inside of cards thereby leaving a good thermal layer. Or do I forget the dynax and just wedge the insulation in. Im concerned re condensation.

Ive got room for mistakes as I have accidently ordered 50 sq metres insteda of 30 but I reckon high top wil take at least 8 sq metres.

I also intend to cut out templates slightly larger than the windows and stick those velcro thingies to them that I can then use to stick to carpet lining directly over glass thus giving me extrra layer of insulation and privacy and my curtains run over. Thought it was best if Im going to Final Fling and intend camping out at least once a month during winter.

Any comments from the more experience and less cack handed than me gratefully recieved
1983 air cooled T25 high top.(hopefully someone will tell me what conversion) name Myrtle de turtle

browneyes1311

Re: Double bubble double foil backed insulation arrived

Post by browneyes1311 »

I have loeked at the wiki but am confused as to whether I should dynax the door panels first in case of condensation.

Note no responses have i been Foe'd?
1983 air cooled T25 high top.(hopefully someone will tell me what conversion) name Myrtle de turtle

scottbott
80-90 Mem No: 6085

Post by scottbott »

would be a good idea to dynax while the door cards are off anyway,(if no rust)I fitted the bubble type insulation to the body panels and fitted to the back of the door cards as well,got to make difference
Nil carborundum illegitimi

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

I am only reading this to see what faux pas browneyes1311 has made this time! :run
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

browneyes1311

Post by browneyes1311 »

Oldiebut goodie wrote:I am only reading this to see what faux pas browneyes1311 has made this time! :run
I love you hunnie bunnies. Sorry to disappoint you this time :!: :wink: