Removable hob/grill - how's it supposed to work?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

CJH
80-90 Mem No: 12576

Removable hob/grill - how's it supposed to work?

Post by CJH »

My camper has a seemingly useful feature in that the hob/grill unit can slide out from the kitchen unit and then be used as a stand-alone cooker. It has folding legs underneath, presumably so that it can be stood outside the van for a bit of al fresco cooking.

The thing is though, the gas hose connects to the back of the unit then drops through a small hole in the kitchen unit to where the gas bottle is stored, and being a campingaz bottle the regulator screws directly to the top of the bottle. The regulator is much too big to go through the hole in the kitchen unit. So the hose is connected via hose clips to the hob unit at one end and the regulator at the other. To put the hob unit outside the van would mean undoing one of those hose clips.

It seems unlikely that they designed it so that a hose clip had to be undone each time it was to be moved. Is there such a thing as a quick release hose connector?
"I'm a man of means, by no means....King of the Road!"

1983 Viking Xplorer, 2.1DJ

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Re: Removable hob/grill - how's it supposed to work?

Post by clift_d »

Here you go:

http://gasproducts.co.uk/acatalog/8mm_Q ... pling.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make sure you have some kind of detector in the van for gas leaks. Also it might be sensible to turn the gas supply off at night. Not to say that these connectors leak, but it's another 3 joints in the pipework and every joint is a risk.

:ok
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

CJH
80-90 Mem No: 12576

Re: Removable hob/grill - how's it supposed to work?

Post by CJH »

Perfect! Thank you.
"I'm a man of means, by no means....King of the Road!"

1983 Viking Xplorer, 2.1DJ