High Top or Pop Top for kids

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

halfbakedpixels
80-90 Mem No: 12511

Re: High Top or Pop Top for kids

Post by halfbakedpixels »

Cruz wrote:I like my hightop because I can stand up whenever I want without pissing about and I can leave all my crap up there (fold up crate full of plates, pans, cups, fold up table, van spares, window mats, food in a fold up crate and clothes when camping etc etc) constantly without pissing about :D

Yes they look like an upturned boat but who cares. My vans for camping :ok

Sounds good to me. :)
A rather splendid 1987 Komet 1.9td
@halfbakedpixels

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Post by Ralf85 »

Cruz wrote:I like my hightop because I can stand up whenever I want without pissing about and I can leave all my crap up there (fold up crate full of plates, pans, cups, fold up table, van spares, window mats, food in a fold up crate and clothes when camping etc etc) constantly without pissing about :D

Where do the kids sleep with all that stuff up there?
:?

keith
80-90 Mem No: 5169

Post by keith »

Ralf85 wrote:

:D

you have to spend time pissing about to move it all.
we used to carry loads of crap....now we just take what we need.

we keep our clothes in the wardrobe or on the 4 shelves behind the wardrobe., pots and pans under the sink in the cupboard, food in the 2 deep cupboards under the rear table.

table, chairs , pillows and cadac in the boot.
toys (kids :wink: ) beer supplies, lantern and maps / books, chocks under the rear seat (loads of extra space there)...tools(very limited...matched to my ability) in the passenger battery box

I'm sure everyone has the own systems for organising things.....but I think most of us have been guilty at some point of packing the entire contents of our own houses.

just before we went to France a couple of weeks ago we took every single item from every location and had a very satisfying clear-out.

dumping ground for us is the long shelf that runs over the cooker on a westy.....way too convenient for everything
1989 Westfalia Joker TDi
Discovery 5

Couple of motor bikes

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

Ralf85 wrote:

What kids? :wink:

In the bed area I only store clothes so it won't be hard to accomodate them in the overhead locker

obviouslty I'd stuff even more gear into the front of the hi-top and remove all the frivolously unnceccesary items from the vans cupboards. But I can stand up without tw*tting my head on the roof :wink:

I think I'd use an awning in the warmer months rather than the hi-top anyway unless it was just a 1 or 2 night weekend jaunt

Ralf85
80-90 Mem No: 4418
Location: West London - 1985 westie pop top, LHD, 1900 DF engine

Post by Ralf85 »

We pop our top up in seconds and we have about 3 feet of headroom.
:ok