Reimo poptops

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Reimo poptops

Post by silverbullet »

Here's the tale... following on from the syncronaut's jolly Devon weekend I now have an almost 11-year old who is nagging me to pop-top our syncro. Now, whilst I have pop-top envy as much as the next man, I can't bring myself to fit 25+ year old fibreglass to the top of the bus (the jigsaw bit doesn't bother me btw)
I'm not going near those repro Westy ones from the firm with 25 in the name, I've seen them and they simply don't fit and the quality is poor.

Then I read that those good people at Reimo still make their T3 2-berth pop-top, albeit for a handsome sum :shock: but...they will only ship within Germany. I do have some friends out there, not the end of the world. My first question is:

Have you got a Reimo pop-top and how do you get on with it? Any chance of the odd interior roof pic, to compare with the common-or-garden Westy?

KylieKamper87
80-90 Mem No: 9287

Re: Reimo poptops

Post by KylieKamper87 »

Not sure if these are still available but we find it great , I over 6ft and can stand up with roof down plus you get extra storage in bed area with it down

Up

Down

It's a good roof, sorry can be more help with fitting etc
1987 2.1 T25 Panel Van Reimo Conversion (Kylie)
1994 LT 2.4TD Distance Wide AutoVilla No. 19

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Thanks! That's not the one that I had seen on the Reimo website, it's more like a Weinsberg or a Carthago :?

http://www.reimo.com/en/G-conversion/GD ... 2_daecher/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reimo still offer a low-profile pop-top, it's shallower than a Westy so that would help when off-road and squeaking under low trees, that's the one I was really interested in. Maybe they are just quite rare in the UK full stop?

DaveyP2004
80-90 Mem No: 6116

Post by DaveyP2004 »

Reimo have an agent in the UK - CMC

They advertise on their site saying they can get Reimo parts and also that they fit roofs (although it doesn't mention T25's).

http://www.conceptmulti-car.co.uk/roof-fitting.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Might be worth a phone call ?

Cheers,
Dave
(http://www.vwT25camper.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

DaveyP2004
80-90 Mem No: 6116

Post by DaveyP2004 »

If you want to fit it yourself you may want to read the page called "Trade":
"We currently supply over 70 UK based converters with Reimo parts ranging from roofs and seating systems to door catches and hinges. If you would like to use Reimo parts in your business then please contact us for a trade price list."

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

The roof lance does is meant to be good quality\fit. Its a copy of the Mozaik roof so fits caravelles a bit better than bodging a westy roof on
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Thanks Davey, I will try that route via the business.

Ta Lloyd, Is Lance still at it? I wasn't sure what happened after his family tragedy. I would be confident in buying one of his roofs as he has gone to great lengths to get it "right" unlike the other ones :?

It's a shedload of dosh either way :shock:

Kermit'skeeper
80-90 Mem No: 12348

Post by Kermit'skeeper »

I'm also looking at new Westy style pop-top roofs as I want to replace my Viking roof with something much lower profile. I've found two companies in England who make and fit them and I would love to hear any feedback from anyone who has recently had a new pop-top fitted to a t25.
Lance seems to have a good reputation but his website address appears to be in new hands. Does anyone know if he is still trading?
The Reimo roof looks great. Anybody had a new one fitted recently?
1982 was 2ltr a/c then 1.9d 5spd, now 1.9tdi with passat box. Reimo pop top.

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

T25direct seem to have removed their offering from their "roofs" webpage, from what I have seen it was a poor copy of a Westy that didn't fit properly and was made from inferior materials.

tforturton
80-90 Mem No: 11177

Post by tforturton »

There's a T25 pop-top roof for sale on ebay at the moment, which the owner claims is a mosaic type. Could be worth a look.
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD

Kermit'skeeper
80-90 Mem No: 12348

Post by Kermit'skeeper »

I've seen that one. Looks like it needs a lot of work. I'm looking for something a bit more pristine.
1982 was 2ltr a/c then 1.9d 5spd, now 1.9tdi with passat box. Reimo pop top.