Should I??....

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Fisch
80-90 Mem No: 12549

Should I??....

Post by Fisch »

Or shouldn't I....

I have a Holdsworth Vision T25 conversion, all original. Thinking of a project for the winter and considering ripping the whole interior out and rebuilding from scratch. Probably a more traditional layout with a few tweaks and then stamp my own mark on the inside with use of some 'different' fabrics and match the outside up with the inside.

Should I go for it or leave be and enjoy it as it is, with everything working and no trouble.....

Mmmmmmm........?????

:?
1989 Holdsworth Vision, 1.9 petrol.

81AirCooled
80-90 Mem No: 8770

Re: Should I??....

Post by 81AirCooled »

I'm not a massive fan of their layout just from looking at various photos, that said I'd never rip it out and start over with a homebrew. I know these vans aren't about the monetary value but I wouldn't just wipe that out on a whim.
1981 2.0l Aircooled ex German post office van coverted to camper.

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Post by Ian Hulley »

Purists will tell/advise you to stick with the original interior (possibly the best decision financially) BUT if you're in it for the fun not the 'investment' then my advice would be to do exactly what YOU want to do in/to YOUR van :ok

Hope you have many happy years together :pimp
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

It really depends on wether you are happy with your 25 year old fake wood or wether you want something more useable and better built ?
I had had factory conversions for the last 14 years of ownership but have now gone for a interior of my own design ( ok it's only half finished up to now but that's another story )
It's your van , and a tidy not falling to bits interior with plenty of storage will be just a big a selling point if you decide to sell
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

dbz864
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 12098

Post by dbz864 »

Not seen your van around crewe, like said its your van so your choice.Id leave alone,tho if it helps vision are not the best sellers,so maybe!!!!
We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
- Marilyn Monroe

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Fisch wrote:Or shouldn't I....

I have a Holdsworth Vision T25 conversion, all original. Thinking of a project for the winter and considering ripping the whole interior out and rebuilding from scratch. Probably a more traditional layout with a few tweaks and then stamp my own mark on the inside with use of some 'different' fabrics and match the outside up with the inside.

Should I go for it or leave be and enjoy it as it is, with everything working and no trouble.....

Mmmmmmm........?????

:?

Is this the one with the jigsaw bed and kitchen at the back?

AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

Fisch

Post by Fisch »

That is exactly the interior, you can slide the seat across and it it fine for what we need but ...... it is all a little dated and seeing some jobs people have done then I am thinking... why not. We bought it mainly for the fact we wouldn't have to paint the roof as we wanted different and it was tidy and ran well.

to dbz864 - mainly around Weston and Nantwich but use it every weekend to potter in, if you saw us you would remember More fun than the normal car.

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Well in that case I would consider it.
most definitely.
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

pionte
80-90 Mem No: 8209

Post by pionte »

My Holdsworth conversion came with the interior in a box.... I skipped it and went with a bespoke interior from these people http://www.thecampershak.co.uk/category.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

top quality stuff, dont regret it at all... heres the pics of mine fitted http://forum.club8090.co.uk/garage_vehi ... e&VID=1635" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It does make it much more practical with the more conventional layout.

Depends if you want to use the van for camping or for show n shine ? Original is great , but not if it limits its use for you .
2.5 Quad Cam Scooby engine . Westfalia California 1989

Fisch

Post by Fisch »

Looks fab. Right, going to plan it out, decide on a few things and will strip it back and repaint from scratch. Want to have fun with it but be practical at the same time.....

Next April/May is the target for completion.

JamesKT25
80-90 Mem No: 12638

Post by JamesKT25 »

That interior looks brilliant! Ive never thought about laying it out like that.... I like it....hahaha
Drives a 1986 T25 1.9 W/C petrol/LPG Panelvan

Fisch

Post by Fisch »

Next week I start ripping it out..... Best rock n roller bed.... Seen several at Busfest today but what is the least uncomfortable? Any suggestions? Full or 3/4?

pionte
80-90 Mem No: 8209

Post by pionte »

dont throw your cushions away ( unlike I did !! ) I was talking to a chap at Busfest who said that the curved one is as rare as hens teeth...... :shock: :roll:
2.5 Quad Cam Scooby engine . Westfalia California 1989

Smosh
80-90 Mem No: 12801

Post by Smosh »

I don't know what kind of Rock 'n' Roller I've got... But it is well uncomfortable, when it folds down the back rests on the engine box and because the furest back cushion is thicker to make the difference you end up with a nasty ridge in your hip!

Im not trying to hi-jack the thread too much, but any recommendations to beat this would be great! thanks! :ok

@Pointe - I like that blue interior!
1984 Voltswagen 25 Pop-Top (No idea what type!?) 1.9 W/C Petrol based in Guernsey, C.I.

lefty67
80-90 Mem No: 11783

Post by lefty67 »

Fisch wrote:Next week I start ripping it out..... Best rock n roller bed.... Seen several at Busfest today but what is the least uncomfortable? Any suggestions? Full or 3/4?

wouldn't mind having a couple of the cupboard doors off you if theyre not wanted :) for suitable recompense of course.
1.9td AAZ

T25 - an adventure before dementia