awning recomendations please

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

T3luestar
80-90 Mem No: 13845

Re: awning recomendations please

Post by T3luestar »

Looks a great awning for the price and it'll certainly do a good job for a good many years. But you'll find when it's packed away, its twice the size and weight of the ones that have been recommend and a smaller once up.
I had one very similar for around fifteen years and someone else is still using today!

Gary.pb
80-90 Mem No: 11867

Post by Gary.pb »

T3luestar wrote:Looks a great awning for the price and it'll certainly do a good job for a good many years. But you'll find when it's packed away, its twice the size and weight of the ones that have been recommend and a smaller once up.
I had one very similar for around fifteen years and someone else is still using today!

I know full well how big and heavy they are. My dad had a similar one 20 years ago when we used to go on holidays in his bay window. Putting the awning away was always my job :lol: :lol: :lol: when they are a little bit older it will be my kids job too :wink: :wink:

Due to the amount of kit we seem to be gathering up we are now also on the look out for a little trailer

waltraud
80-90 Mem No: 5824

Post by waltraud »

Decathlon quick erect base seconds awning. 2 mins erection. Same to put back.
1983 1.9 Ivory Westy Joker

dcfb77
80-90 Mem No: 8259

Post by dcfb77 »

I toyed with the idea of an awning for a while. I went with the Fiamma F45s 2.5m in the end. Pricey at £400 but worth every penny in retrospect. Handles seriously strong winds without pegging it down. Mechanism is smooth and feels well built too.

Might be able to find one second hand cheaply enough.

David.
RHD Syncro twin slider (AGG) - orange