Camping table (with chairs attached)

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Seababa
80-90 Mem No: 10861

Camping table (with chairs attached)

Post by Seababa »

Hiya,

Looking at getting one of thoses tables that fold out with seats attached. Looked at some on-line with lots of reviews saying they break easily, bend, take fingers off etc but same reviews say best thing ever etc ( these are aluminium ones from Go Outdoors-Quest tables)

Anyone got one of these or something similar and have an opinion or a recommendation?

Much appreciated :D
1990 Autohomes Komet

ladybird
80-90 Mem No: 12203

Re: Camping table (with chairs attached)

Post by ladybird »

Good morning from dublin ireland..i done some research on this particular subject and found the best tabels are the roll up aluminum ones and the chairs to be fold up canvas ,i have used those fold up table and chair combination and they are crap fiddly ,wobbly,break easily etc very nice when folded all in one but they dont last pissing time. check my treads and you will see the awnsers the lads and ladies gave me here good luck with your purchase. :ok
1989 2.1dj manual vw engine

wee bugger
80-90 Mem No: 3238

Post by wee bugger »

we have one of the blue plastic/metal ones...had for about 6+ years...been well used - 2 adults (we arent slim) & two kids - camping trips to France etc and its a bit wobbly at times, and yes folding it up can be dangerous! but we spent under £30 on it then and its still going strong. U often get them cheap now in supermarkets so easily worth a punt if u dont abuse it

LittleMissSunshine
80-90 Mem No: 10589

Post by LittleMissSunshine »

We've just taken a punt a got one in go outdoors sale - haven't used it yet but for the price thought it looked great. I also treated myself to a small roll-up table for my first glass of Campervan wine next year after the bump finally gets here!

Honestly, think we'll get a couple of summers out of them - however sometimes these cheap camping items can be indestructible :D
1988 transporter caravelle Komet. 1.9 petrol.

Seababa
80-90 Mem No: 10861

Post by Seababa »

Many thanks for the replies. I have never heard of a roll up table before so am intrigued to check them out!

(bye the way, love Dublin! Did the Wicklow way last month, great walk)

Might have a proper look at the Go Outdoors one too.

:ok
1990 Autohomes Komet

Smcknighty
80-90 Mem No: 14436

Post by Smcknighty »

We have the folding ones - find it a bit uncomfortable these days but they are indestructible - plus if you have a westy you can store them in the back of the pop top. Might get a roll up table and some chairs for longer trips

nobbyfox
80-90 Mem No: 9991

Post by nobbyfox »

I broke ours recently. Sat on it and it collapsed without warning, great entertainment to my kids and fellow campers.
Although I had repaired it and it did have a few cracks in the seat that I was sitting on. We will probably get another one as they are very handy and pack up relatively small. Our was the blue version from Argos. Think we paid £30 a few years ago. :ok
Westfalia pop-top 1990 1.6JX

vanisveryrusty
80-90 Mem No: 12326

Post by vanisveryrusty »

Had mine for about ten years.
Never chopped any fingers off.
Has a few cracks now, but still works OK.
Need to use it on fairly level ground else it can become unstable.
Has had all four seats in use with gross total weight of about 60 stone sitting on it.
Cant be bad.
Only wear the hat if it fits

tforturton
80-90 Mem No: 11177

Post by tforturton »

We have used one of the blue and white fold-up ones for years, though you have to stand up carefully if there's a couple of you sat around it. It did collapse once (when someone other than me set it up), but otherwise it's been fine. I also find they are far easier to pack in the van, as they're flat and square.
Some of the seat pads have cracked, which can be a bit 'nippy' on the old backside, so maybe it's time to get a replacement. Be interested to see which one gets the vote.
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD

ben50
80-90 Mem No: 5298

Post by ben50 »

We've been using a blue fold up one from tesco which we managed to pick up for £15, I was very dubious of the quality beut it has served us wel for the last three summers. Unfortunately, this summer in France I managed to forget (the local cider probably didn't help!) about the 35kg limit on the table top and knelt on it whist reaching over for the washing up liquid in our awning and it spectacularly shattered underneath me! very lucky to get away with just a scratch, but completely my own fault, and we managed to pic another up from a local E.Leclerc, for €22, hopefully I can remember not to kneel on this one!
RHD German import 2L CU microbus, slowly becoming a not so rusty camper with a GTI engine