Any eberspacher fitters?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MattBW
80-90 Mem No: 11790

Any eberspacher fitters?

Post by MattBW »

I am a little daunted about fitting my eber as Im not experienced in cutting the body etc. Anyone know any midland based fitting services?

Also not sure where to fit it, pondered under the RnR bed but that would eat some storage space.

Cheers,

Matt.
1985 1.9TD AAZ -Starlight Interior
2015 California Beach

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Re: Any eberspacher fitters?

Post by clift_d »

There's a list of fitters/ resellers on the Eberspächer UK website - take your pick.

http://www.eberspacher.com/dealers/deal ... alers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

MattBW

Post by MattBW »

Thanks for the link! Doh I don't know why I didn't think of looking there, google and forum search didn't turn up much so I turned here. Doh. :) :rofl :run
2015 California Beach

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

You only need to cut one hole! Then fit a mounting plate like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eberspacher-D ... 3f20c79fb0 Nothing could be easier.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

MattBW

Post by MattBW »

Thanks, that doesn't actually sound so bad and I have a friend with all the gear. :-)
2015 California Beach

KINGPRAWN
80-90 Mem No: 9516

Post by KINGPRAWN »

JED has a video .... Simples!
in too deep to quit now....

Oldiebut goodie

But some errors!
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

Still working two years later :wink:

Probably more helpful if you point them out on the van it was fitted to so we can all learn and share info. After all you are the guy who actually knows about ebber fitting, I just fitted a few to friends vans and thought I would film it to help others.

Always good to get added info from the top :ok

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

nobbyfox
80-90 Mem No: 9991

Post by nobbyfox »

Measure twice, cut once ! Happy drilling :ok

Matt, did you buy new or off fleabay?
I would like one but they are £300 secondhand :cry:

Cheers
Steve
Westfalia pop-top 1990 1.6JX

Oldiebut goodie

jed the spread wrote:Still working two years later :wink:

Probably more helpful if you point them out on the van it was fitted to so we can all learn and share info. After all you are the guy who actually knows about ebber fitting, I just fitted a few to friends vans and thought I would film it to help others.

Jed

There is the loop of the exhaust hanging down which I mentioned to you before - it needs a drain at that point as condensate could collect there (there is a special pipe section available with a drain loop if the exhaust must slope upwards as tends to in a boat), or changing to a continuous downward slope. I would also prefer to see the exhaust directed away from the underside of the van as the hot exhaust could conceivably rise and enter the living space through any unsealed holes or poorly fitting door seal, especially as the vehicle is at rest when the heater tends to be used. (If you think about it you would never terminate the engine's exhaust under the vehicle either).
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

Oldiebut goodie

nobbyfox wrote:Measure twice, cut once ! Happy drilling :ok

Matt, did you buy new or off fleabay?
I would like one but they are £300 secondhand :cry:

Cheers
Steve

You have PM
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

jed the spread
Trader

Post by jed the spread »

Oldiebut goodie wrote:
jed the spread wrote:Still working two years later :wink:

Jed

There is the loop of the exhaust hanging down which I mentioned to you before - it needs a drain at that point as condensate could collect there (there is a special pipe section available with a drain loop if the exhaust must slope upwards as tends to in a boat), or changing to a continuous downward slope. I would also prefer to see the exhaust directed away from the underside of the van as the hot exhaust could conceivably rise and enter the living space through any unsealed holes or poorly fitting door seal, especially as the vehicle is at rest when the heater tends to be used. (If you think about it you would never terminate the engine's exhaust under the vehicle either).

Thanks for sharing the advice :ok

The van is a Syncro so any thing hanging out of the side low down and hanging out of the side would get ripped off. We dont drill holes in exhausts because we have to plug the ends when going through water to stop it going into the heater. I am happy that there is enough ventilation for the exhaust gas to disperse under the van in the case of a Syncro especially if you consider that if it was exhausted out of the side of the van it would be cm's away from the biggest hole in any van, the side loading door.

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

Oldiebut goodie

If I were to fit one to a semi-submersible :D I would consider a mounting point in the bottom of the wardrobe area with consequent higher combustion and exhaust pipes - relatively easy to duct your warmed air to the floor from there. Also reasonably easy to box over there , with or without a wardrobe. It would mean that the cooler air from the floor wouldn't be drawn in to the heater for heating without running 2 ducts but that wouldn't be a great problem/nuisance. (Unless that "dead" space underneath there has already been utilized by something else.)
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

jed the spread
Trader

Post by jed the spread »

I really like the thinking behind that and the exhaust being high up. I all ready use the bottom of my wardrobe for my domestic battery bank but that isn't really a show stopper, do you know where the fuel tank is on a Syncro?

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

Oldiebut goodie

No, but the fuel pump will suck around 1 metre in height and pump over 5m in length so there is no problem with availability of fuel (can be teed off from engine bay if needs be but not where the fuel line is subjected to heat as this can cause air bubbles to form).
I had to mount my Webasto high in the boat and duct down for the same sort of reason - continually immersed so careful thought needed for exhaust siting.
The exhaust can always be fitted through the side of the van if needed with a through hull boat fitting which is what I have done on my Merc as it has deep skirts.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶