Any eberspacher fitters?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Re: Any eberspacher fitters?

Post by jed the spread »

The fuel pump wouldn't be the the issue, if you fitted the ebber in the bottom of the wardrobe in a Westy at the front directly underneath there is the vehicle fuel tank. Remember there is a prop sending drive to the front wheels right down the center of the vehicle and the 2wd tank would be in the way, so a bigger fuel tank was fitted above the gear box in a Syncro (ever noticed the filler cap on the rear quarter panel on a Syncro?). If you drilled through the bottom the exhaust would go through the tank, if there is any room at all I wouldn't consider it as the fuel tank is plastic. You could move it back a bit but that would mean the exhaust would be in the rear wheel arch and that wouldn't do. Plus you would probably have to remove half the interior to run all the ducting properly and that stuff isn't cheap. I wouldn't fancy it coming out of the side of the van but I will take a look at what that looks like via Google.

Best fitted where it is I think.

Do you service and fix Ebbers still?

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

I stick with the Webasto air heaters really. I don't really want to have spares for everything!

Sorry for not being clearer -I think that we are in differing areas of the van - I meant above the rear quarter to the right of the engine hatch running through where there is dead space behind the battery on a diesel. The fuel filler should be far enough removed from the exhaust for safety although I don't know it's exact routing.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

The van in the video is LHD and has a westy interior fitted, as we all know all true factory converted Westfalias are all LHD so when you said fitted to the bottom of the wardrobe I assumed you ment the left hand side. If it was fitted on the right hand side it would be on the bed and I am pretty sure the Syncro snorkel goes up there any way, and obviously you have the Syncro Turbo cooling fan on the left hand side if it is a diesel, or usually the charge cooler unit if the JX has been removed and a TDI has been fitted.

Hope this helps.

Do you do the coolant heaters too?

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

No, don't touch the water heaters - I have enough with the air ones.

I see what you mean with the various add ons to a basic van, not having owned such esoteric beasts I can only guess at what spacing there is but I would have thought that it would be worth considering. So even if it would fit there on the left there is still the consideration of easy removal for maintenance and also if you sleep with your head on the engine and like the heat on at night that will count against it the same.
That only leaves the front area under the dash level which would give you a high enough virtually vertical exhaust route which wouldn't need stoppering when wading. Plus the noise would be further away at night.
I wonder how Land Rover's exhausts are routed on their heaters which I believe are mounted high up in the engine bay which would equate with our under dashboard level.
Interesting mental exercise! :D
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

MattBW
80-90 Mem No: 11790

Post by MattBW »

nobbyfox wrote:Measure twice, cut once ! Happy drilling :ok

Matt, did you buy new or off fleabay?
I would like one but they are £300 secondhand :cry:

Cheers
Steve

Second hand sold as working but I'm not convinced it does work tbh. My Dads having a look at it at the moment to get it running properly before fitting :-)
1985 1.9TD AAZ -Starlight Interior
2015 California Beach

xriss
80-90 Mem No: 1926

Post by xriss »

while on the subject anybody got the hi altitude pump for use above 1500M ....jed you might wanna look @ this for you trip dont wanna end up freezing should you set up camp hi-up....they are distinguishable in that they have a red sticker on them ...cant recall the part number ...and are set up to run lean where o2 is thin...basically a two pump set up :lol:
80-90 Mem#:1926
Syncronaut Mem#:66