Dai Syncro's interior build (with photos)

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Cyrus
80-90 Mem No: 9165

Re: Dai Syncro's interior build (with photos)

Post by Cyrus »

Just found this thread and WOW!!
will be keeping a close eye on it and tempting my wood working friends with a few beers.

DavidPallister
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by DavidPallister »

That is stunning!! :ok

Is there down lighting under the top edge, or is it just light reflecting off the stainless?

uniB
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3694

Post by uniB »

Thanks David, yes there's strip lights under the counter top shining on the metal

DavidPallister wrote:That is stunning!! :ok

Is there down lighting under the top edge, or is it just light reflecting off the stainless?

Dav, Caryl & Mr O Leary

http://www.dubteriors.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - I make quality VW interiors

uniB
Trader

Post by uniB »

Few new pics of the locker build and it fitted yesterday, just phone snaps...

Rough shape cut out after vacuum pressing flexible ply. How messing is that workshop :oops:

Cutting out door...

Cut out and edging added to door opening and holes put out for lights and fixing bolts...

Thankfully, the door fits!

And how it looks fitted in the van after a fair bit of fine tuning to get it to fit

Dav, Caryl & Mr O Leary

http://www.dubteriors.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - I make quality VW interiors

eiret25
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by eiret25 »

Great build, looks 110% :ok
1986 1.6 D Bundeswehr T3 Kombi

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

lovely , why do simple when you can do niceeeeeeeeeeeeee
mm

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

TS55. Enough said.

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

jes*b wrote:TS55. Enough said.

Using a TS55 is almost cheating! I used to sell Festool products, expensive, but very, very good.
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

no its not cheating, if i had one i guarantee the door would not be square nor in the correct place, need to know how to use it ,............wood :(
mm

uniB
Trader

Post by uniB »

I wouldn't be without that TS55 - probably the most used tool in the workshop. If I had the money I'd replace everything I could with Festool stuff, it'll be a sander next, or maybe a jigsaw.

Dav, Caryl & Mr O Leary

jes*b

Post by jes*b »

Festool kapex chop saw is painfully expensive but I've never used anything that comes close. Their routers are as good as the plunge saws, I've used dewalt, mafel, and the new makita pluge saws and they are all clunky in their own ways. The festool jigsaw with the oscillating light is weird to use, bit of a design faux pas. Got to go along way to beat my bosch blue d handle jigsaw. 20 years strong.

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

jes*b wrote:Got to go along way to beat my bosch blue d handle jigsaw. 20 years strong.

Agreed - these are great jigsaws. I still love my Hilti WSC55 - a great plunge saw that was about half the price of the Festo at the time.

Beautiful cabinet work in any case.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

uniB
Trader

Post by uniB »

Ah yes, the Kapex... that reminds me, I've got a lottery ticket from Saturday I haven't checked...

I haven't actually seen the funny light thing in action on the Festool jigsaw, looks like an interesting idea, no good then?!

jes*b wrote:Festool kapex chop saw is painfully expensive but I've never used anything that comes close. Their routers are as good as the plunge saws, I've used dewalt, mafel, and the new makita pluge saws and they are all clunky in their own ways. The festool jigsaw with the oscillating light is weird to use, bit of a design faux pas. Got to go along way to beat my bosch blue d handle jigsaw. 20 years strong.

Dav, Caryl & Mr O Leary

jes*b

Post by jes*b »

Apparently the light strobes in time with the blade to make it look like its not moving but this only cuts in a higher speeds so if you like to feather the trigger it, and you , are never going to settle. judt wierd and gimmicky i think.

If you fancy a one handed style jigsaw the makita one is very good

I loved your explanation of your employment background , pretty much described mine exactly. Started with furniture design at Middlesex Poly. Now doing whatever's necessary.

quote="uniB"]Ah yes, the Kapex... that reminds me, I've got a lottery ticket from Saturday I haven't checked...

I haven't actually seen the funny light thing in action on the Festool jigsaw, looks like an interesting idea, no good then?!

jes*b wrote:Festool kapex chop saw is painfully expensive but I've never used anything that comes close. Their routers are as good as the plunge saws, I've used dewalt, mafel, and the new makita pluge saws and they are all clunky in their own ways. The festool jigsaw with the oscillating light is weird to use, bit of a design faux pas. Got to go along way to beat my bosch blue d handle jigsaw. 20 years strong.
[/quote]

scottbott
80-90 Mem No: 6085

Post by scottbott »

any news how this is progressing?,it has been a while
Nil carborundum illegitimi