Eberspacher/Ebber servicing

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Daffy
80-90 Mem No: 10921

Eberspacher/Ebber servicing

Post by Daffy »

A bit last minute.com but I am doing an overnighter tomoz and my thoughts turned to heating etc as it will be brass monkeys. I've read it's possibly to run the Ebber overnight on a low heat, however, I've no idea when it was last serviced so I am reluctant to take any chances. I do have a CO2 alarm but I'm still nervous.

Getting to the point, my question is this where would you go to get an Eberspacher serviced? Garage? Camping shop? I'm based in the South, Hampshire/Wiltshire/Dorset borders.

Thanks in advance for your help.
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter" Mark Twain

(1987 1.9 Diesel, Auto Sleeper)

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Re: Eberspacher/Ebber servicing

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

There is no need for an alarm - the combustion air is drawn from outside and the exhaust is discharged outside. You are not taking any chances by running it whilst you are asleep.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

Daffy

Post by Daffy »

Oldiebut goodie wrote:There is no need for an alarm - the combustion air is drawn from outside and the exhaust is discharged outside. You are not taking any chances by running it whilst you are asleep.

Thank you - I feel reassured (and will be warmer too) :ok
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter" Mark Twain

slowbus
80-90 Mem No: 3678

Post by slowbus »

my thanks to Oldiebut goodie as well for the reasurrance. As to servicing i found this on the internet recently (haven't tried them my self), i presume they do servicing
http://www.eberspacher.com/dealers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NeilHarris
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by NeilHarris »

After having my Eber DL2 fixed, Id recommend Advanced Automotive in Ryde , Isle of Wight. Its a Nice day out also from the mainland.
Neil

'Pete' the Bluestar Cathago Multivan 1.6JX 1987. Its Blue!

Daffy

Post by Daffy »

NeilHarris wrote:After having my Eber DL2 fixed, Id recommend Advanced Automotive in Ryde , Isle of Wight. Its a Nice day out also from the mainland.

Unfortunately could also be an expensive one too once the crossing us factored in - thanks any way, thankfully it worked last night in -1oC so we were very toastie! :ok

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

Does anyone know anyone nearer to London than the Isle of Wight who could service a D2L, as ours is not firing up? I've tried calling a few of the dealers/ servicing agents in the south east and none of them want to look at it. Apparently the D2L was made by Eberspächer as OEM part for VW, and so these heaters and any spare parts never made it to the UK. :(
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

Have you checked through the obvious, power/voltage/fuel etc?
Strip it yourself see Wiki. http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/Ca ... berspacher
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶