Postage is HOW MUCH?

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Sleedale
80-90 Mem No: 11478

Postage is HOW MUCH?

Post by Sleedale »

Ok, so I've decided what colour to recover the seat and bed cushions, and am using vinyl cos we've got dogs. So I can get 10m from an eBay seller with postage at £5.99.

But

I'd like to put a stripe in the seat cushions, and the colour I like is on the site at £12.50 per metre, then I notice the price doesn't include VAT. So that'll be £15 per metre then! Ok, only need a couple of metres. Then I find postage costs - £14.00 :rofl no seriously £14.00 and the final insult? Delivery charge is added on before VAT is added so postage is just shy of £17.00 :shock: I could collect it for that!

As I was trying to find a total cost for my order, I checked it out, but it didn't show postage, but it did say place order, which I thought would give me a total, ask for card details etc. but no, it actually PLACED the order so I had to email them, and 'mentioned' the high postage. Did they offer less? Did they compromise? :rofl :rofl :rofl

Nah, they simply cancelled the order and said thank you!

My brain hurts from Internet searching, I can't find the same colour anywhere else so I now either have to pay stupid money, or hunt for a different colour. :run

Oh help, pleeeeease help someone, anyone?
Sue
1985 1.9 DG petrol, 4 speed, wasserboxer, Cavalier Coachman Classic

Dazco
80-90 Mem No: 10544
Location: Sheffield. 1984 autosleeper trooper. 1.9 petrol called Jambo

Re: Postage is HOW MUCH?

Post by Dazco »

Have a look here http://www.automobiletrim.com/seating-fabric.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Don't know if they will have the correct colour but worth a try . Daz
Auto sleeper fitted with EJ 20 subaru lump

CliffDutfield
80-90 Mem No: 10781

Post by CliffDutfield »

Hi Sleedale, I know what you mean.
I hate having to pay ridiculous postage fees, it defeats the point of finding a good bargain.
Just an idea, could you find where the company is based and see if anyone on here is near and could collect and get to you in a cheaper way? Or even free!
Maybe not, but if you don't ask!
Good luck, Cliff.
1986 1.9dg Auto-sleeper called 'Big Kev'

Running on LPG by Campershack

Sleedale

Post by Sleedale »

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks its a bit steep. So....... I have decided to change the stripe colour to a shade of blue, from an eBay seller with reasonable postage, the cam main colour from another eBay seller with free postage, and other bits needed from other places. So all I need to do now is buy it all, and get sewing :ok can't wait to see it all together.
Sue

CliffDutfield
80-90 Mem No: 10781

Post by CliffDutfield »

And don't forget the photos!! :D
1986 1.9dg Auto-sleeper called 'Big Kev'

Running on LPG by Campershack

Sleedale

Post by Sleedale »

CliffDutfield wrote:And don't forget the photos!! :D

May be a while in the making but I will post pics. Made a start, got the blue vinyl, know which curtain fabric and sent off for samples of the cream/beige/ivory. Have also got samples coming for front seat covers, properly made ones this time! I'm really looking forward to filling the kitchen with bits of fabric, honest :rofl just need to work out how to get the door cards off - how do you get the window winders off? Cos I'm covering them as well, rust red furry stuff just won't match :wink:
Sue