EMC Conversion

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

stowiethechamp
80-90 Mem No: 11832

EMC Conversion

Post by stowiethechamp »

Hi all
Trying to do some research into my conversion but struggling to find more info. My T25 is an EMC conversion. Just being geeky really.... Anyone have any more info about these?
Thanks y'all.
1985 Transporter Reimo High Top

Negativegravity
80-90 Mem No: 10992

Re: EMC Conversion

Post by Negativegravity »

I too have an EMC conversion! .....I think. Unfortunately I can't really offer much more info other than that! Sorry! Interested to see what anyone has about them though

jamesandtheopenroad
80-90 Mem No: 8279

Post by jamesandtheopenroad »

Post a pic up of the inside, fella. Mine has an EMC hightop roof but is (or was) a Country Campers conversion - small company based in Dartford.
"our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" Mr W Shakespeare

1990 VW T25 Transporter
1.9 DG 78ps
LPG'd by Gasure

nutbox
80-90 Mem No: 11815

Post by nutbox »

Yes I have been informed emc is the roof maker,I have one on mine ,but a hone brew interior.
1983 ,2.0l Aircooled ,home brew hightop camper.

hefti
80-90 Mem No: 12678

Post by hefti »

After lots of research I've found out that's what mine is. Think mine might have been one of the first as its slightly different to the reimo style most of them seem to be. Company was dissolved a few years ago. Would live to see one the same as mine though!
1983 t25 hightop
1.9 diesel
stupid 5 speed gearbox!

jamesandtheopenroad
80-90 Mem No: 8279

Post by jamesandtheopenroad »

Photos!
"our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" Mr W Shakespeare

1990 VW T25 Transporter
1.9 DG 78ps
LPG'd by Gasure

terryvanman
80-90 Mem No: 737

Post by terryvanman »

My old syncro was a EMC conversion, the company was based in Manchester I think and went to the wall some years ago, the one thing that can be said about EMC was the workmanship was second to none and only the best materials were used.
It was a high top [town and country top] when I bought it. [note the outside gas locker]

Then I changed it to a pop top, for legal reasons

The interior was upholstered in the velvet type material, with matching curtains and cushions that came with the van from new

I'm sure the guys that worked there started up again but I don't know the name they go under, or even if they still operate.
suck squeeze bang blow, the cycle of a 4 stroke

treacle
80-90 Mem No: 6610

Post by treacle »

I have an EMC conversion I was told by volksheaven they are based in Nottingham but this was a few years ago did you find anything out as I am after some of the cupboard covering :ok

dbz864
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 12098

Post by dbz864 »

town and country was a model emc did,the same as ford did the fiesta.They were based in Yorkshire cant remember how it was spelt something like keilghy,thought theyd gone pop, didn't know theyd started again. Id disagree that there build quality was second to none,tho I did/do like the conversion,h/top was a little high,ive owned plenty of them,mostly built on old vans tho.ie not on brand new vans.Id doubt youl get any of the furniture boarding to match.
We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
- Marilyn Monroe

terryvanman

Post by terryvanman »

They used vohringer timber on my old van and they did sell me a sheet of the exact match. mind you that was a long time ago, and you're right it was a place called Knottingley.

found this, it might help

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/dis ... Position=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Post by 1664 »

terryvanman wrote:Then I changed it to a pop top, for legal reasons

Legal reasons? What's illegal about a high top? :?
Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

terryvanman

Post by terryvanman »

1664 wrote:
terryvanman wrote:Then I changed it to a pop top, for legal reasons

Legal reasons? What's illegal about a high top? :?

I live in central london and the residents parking only allowed a maximum of [at the time] 6 foot 10 Inches, now its 7 foot 6 inches, the high top was a "low" high top, only for storage, so I had to change it or they would have taken my permit away, and to park anywhere around here in a car park or meter is £40 a day.