best new distributor for my Syncro?

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

onecogwonder
80-90 Mem No: 8008

best new distributor for my Syncro?

Post by onecogwonder »

Hi
Been looking about for a new distributor for my 2.1 but there doesn't seem to be many options, I'm looking for the best one possible and want to buy all the related gubbins, leads, coil, etc, has anybody fitted a new one that they could recommend? My main problem apart from it being old is that the one on the van eats caps and rotors every ten months or so and it seems to be something to do with the cap not seating or clipping on correctly which causes chaos, maybe it's the wrong distributor?
Any help is appreciated!
Mart

andisnewsyncro
80-90 Mem No: 3311

Re: best new distributor for my Syncro?

Post by andisnewsyncro »

Drop Brickwerks or Syncro Nutz a line, I'm sure they can advise and supply what you need. Sorry can't be more help, not near my van to go and read off any specs/makes/models etc
Good Luck
What a long strange trip it's been

onecogwonder
80-90 Mem No: 8008

Post by onecogwonder »

Thanks, judging by the responses I have had today, these parts are thin on the ground. I've been advised there's no direct replacement so for the moment I'll be modifying my cap with a dremel to get it to sit flat on the dizzy body, cable tieing the bit with the wires on it and hopefully make the clamping clips line up better. I'm so used to the old air cooled days of sticking a 009 in and making a difference, its hard to believe nobodies built a sweet aftermarket replacement along the lines of some of the mallory stuff for American motors?

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

I've noticed over the last year or so that many old bosch distributors are being remanufactured or at least copied. Seen them on ebay and they were not a fortune either.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.