Indicator lights

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

madangus
80-90 Mem No: 0

Indicator lights

Post by madangus »

Hello everyone :D

If someone can help me out my front off side indicator started flashing faster the usual I have changed the bulb and still no joy. I have now taken the light holder out and found that the spade connectors at the back have corroded and snapped off, I have been to halfords and picked up a female set of spade connecters 2 AMP, fitted them but still not working. Does anyone know if I have bought the correct ones :?: if not let me know, I would love to learn how to fix them. Any help would be appreciated but please any replies make sure there basic or I will get confused.

:ok

gaz f
80-90 Mem No: 6697

Re: Indicator lights

Post by gaz f »

Please don't think I'm taking the p*** but normally if a front indicator starts flashing faster the problem isn't with the front indicator bulb it's because the bulb at the back has gone...

I read your post a few times to be sure but you don't mention the back.

Mickyfin
80-90 Mem No: 10312

Post by Mickyfin »

I agree with Gaz, thats normally the cause of a faster indicator flash.
Owner of Flintstone, our T3/25 Caravelle C Syncro 1.9 Petrol.

madangus
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by madangus »

No I dont think for a minute that your taking the P*** but I clearly havent explained myself.

The back indicator works but flashes fast, I have changed the bulb just in case. the front indicator doesnt work no light and when I took it apart the spade connectors which connect to the back of it have snapped off, therefore its not connected to any wires. If you have any advice about the spade connectors that would be most useful.

Many thanks

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

The only time my indicators flashed fast was when one of the 4 bulbs had blown

gaz f
80-90 Mem No: 6697

Post by gaz f »

Ah! Sorry, I understand now.

It's the rear flashing fast because the front is not working! Gotcha. :ok

You've replaced the spade connectors to be bulb as they were broken but it still won't light up, have you checked your getting power to the bulb? Checked the fuse? Is the bulb holder corroded and effecting either the power to it or the bulb earthing? As long as your new spades fit correctly I can't see them being a problem.