Subaru conversion wiring.

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

IanMills
80-90 Mem No: 5164

Subaru conversion wiring.

Post by IanMills »

Good Evening all,
I am after a little bit of advice, I am currently fitting an EJ20 into my T25 which originally had a 1.9 DG engine.
My issues revolve around the junction box in the engine compartment. I am using a modified loom from Richard Jones. The 7-pin connector within this junction box how do you remove an individual wire? does it push out is there a little knack to it? I just want to remove the wires that are no longer in use rather than just cut them off.
The relay within the box is for what? it has several wires coming from it that are not connected to anything now is that right? the two red wires, one connects to a post within the junction box and then runs of to the starter motor solenoid, whilst the second one goes to nothing now.
I have either made a complete balls of of the wiring job or just not far of getting it completed.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Have a nice day !

jamesc76
80-90 Mem No: 1186

Re: Subaru conversion wiring.

Post by jamesc76 »

I did all my own wiring so cant help but I would ring Richard and ask him he should be able to help ya!
DJ at Dubdayz Summerfest
Now cutting about in an LT35 MWB

Fin
80-90 Mem No: 8714

Post by Fin »

Normally those Plugs have a Spade connector inside the plug, to get them out look down into the front of the plug and you'll see a notch at the top or bottom, if you push a really slim flat head into the notch it should pop the clip inside and slide out easily.
It's difficult to discribe, hope that helps kind of....
Single cab pickup, running 1996 Subaru WRX STI engine, Aiden talbot gearbox.

IanMills
80-90 Mem No: 5164

Post by IanMills »

I know the spade connectors your talking about and I felt proud that I had worked that one out, this is the multi pin connector within the junction box the wire are terminated on to bullets connectors, its those that I want to try and remove from the connector.

I will ask Richard but he's a busy man and i did not like to bother him with what is most probably a stupid question.

but thanks for the replies
Have a nice day !

Fin
80-90 Mem No: 8714

Post by Fin »

I'll be able to tell you in a month or two When I do mine
Single cab pickup, running 1996 Subaru WRX STI engine, Aiden talbot gearbox.