Alarm System

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MaddyJ
80-90 Mem No: 7578

Alarm System

Post by MaddyJ »

Ok the next project on our newly acquired T25 is to replace the alarm. Does anyone have any recommendations for an alarm. As a guide we've been quoted £299 for a thacham approved alarm. Does this sound reasonable?
Last edited by MaddyJ on 10 Nov 2009, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Alex (MaddyJ), Martin & Emma
Dudley our T25 2.1i Reimo......happy days

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Re: Alarm System

Post by Cruz »

I used safe n sound mobile installers to fit my immobiliser through ebay

They were very good and I think a few people have had alarms and immobiliser fitted by them

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Safe-n-So ... 2ec0Q2em14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cafnod
80-90 Mem No: 7507

Post by Cafnod »

Sounds a bit dear, I believe Gasure do a Thatcham cat II for a lot less fitted. Dont know if it has the same bells and whistles. Might be advisable to talk to your insurance company, tell them you are upgrading to a Thatcham and talk to them about discounts, reductions of excesses etc depending on the options you have fitted. If they offer a substantial discount get it in writing before shelling out or the alarm.
Remember alarms are not that hard to fit, they come with a a loom or connections onthe main unit.
BTW I think many members are reluctant to discuss security issues on public forums.

MaddyJ
80-90 Mem No: 7578

Post by MaddyJ »

Ok, thank you for that, and sorry, didn't realise. Just didn't want to jump in with two feet into something and totally make the wrong decision.
Alex (MaddyJ), Martin & Emma
Dudley our T25 2.1i Reimo......happy days

chickenkoop
80-90 Mem No: 2180

Post by chickenkoop »

All depends on the quality of the alarm, If its fitted for £300, then its not bad as you'll have the insurance cert stamped, your insurance company may want a copy of the cert. what make of alarm is it?
H.REG WESTY CALIFORNIA 1.6TD

Cafnod
80-90 Mem No: 7507

Post by Cafnod »

I think its perfectly reasonable. As I say talk to the insurance company, they may say on a van of X age and Y value it wont make a difference, however if it is stipulated as being fitted then it has to be used or you may not get a pay out if the van is stolen. Always read the fine print and dont rely on the opinion o the person on the phone, get it in writing.