vw t25 temperature gauge

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

colincolin64
80-90 Mem No: 0

vw t25 temperature gauge

Post by colincolin64 »

Hi ther can any one tell me what the red flashing light is on the temperature gauge is please . Is it oil warning or over heating light . But all seems ok thanks colin

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Re: vw t25 temperature gauge

Post by AdrianC »

colincolin64 wrote:Hi ther can any one tell me what the red flashing light is on the temperature gauge is please . Is it oil warning or over heating light . But all seems ok thanks colin
It does two things.

- Low coolant level in the header tank (the one with the blue dalek cap - should be to the brim)
- High coolant temperature

If all seems fine, take the sensor out of the header tank, and give it a good clean. If it still continues, bridge across the two pins of the plug with a bit of wire, and see if it still happens. If it does, it's an electronic problem in the dash...
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

marlinowner
80-90 Mem No: 13646

Post by marlinowner »

If the temp reading on the gauge is OK then its a low coolant level warning. You can pull out one of the "relays", can't remember which one (34 or 35 marking? but not at home so can't check). If the light then behaves its either the switch, wiring from switch to relay, or the relay itself. If it still flashes its probably the 14 way connector to the instruments.
1993 SA VW T25/T3 2.5i Microbus/homebrew camper
1981/1968 Marlin Kitcar TR6 Engine

colincolin64
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by colincolin64 »

Ok thankyou guys a great help will check and let you no colin