Lights not working after relining

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Gillski

Lights not working after relining

Post by Gillski »

I relined my high-top last weekend and the lights were all working perfectly until we wired up the round one over the cooker (yes, we got the wires the right way round!). This is probably an easy fix but I have no idea where to start! Any suggestions? At the same time as the light was being rewired I was putting the zig unit back into its box on the wall.

Gill

Flyingchunk
80-90 Mem No: 11572

Re: Lights not working after relining

Post by Flyingchunk »

Fuse?

Did you remove the battery terminals when you were rewiring?

Could be an old wire has pinged off of something. Happened to me the other day.

For a quick sanity test run a new wire from either battery to the lighting circuit.

If they light up you know it the connection going to the battery.

Not got a Zig unit, but does that have a connection to the lights? Can't see why it would, but if it does, do the same thing.

I've had numerous wiring issues, and sometimes for you own understanding and sanity, it better to start again. You can even label stuff up for the future.
1981 - Devon Moonraker - 2.0l Aircooled

Gillski

Re: Lights not working after relining

Post by Gillski »

Thanks - it was a combination of a fuse blowing due to wires touching when being pulled through the hole in the cupboard and an exposed wire from the battery fuse touching the metal of the casing holding the battery. I knew I should have disconnected the battery. Should have paid more attention during physics lessons I think!

Gill