Which connection did this go into

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dooooogle
80-90 Mem No: 8080

Which connection did this go into

Post by dooooogle »

Fuse board problem. I dropped the fuse board to install a new aerial, when I came to put it back I noticed a wire was not connected.

After a little help in finding its correct home - was it ever connected? Everything appears to work

The wire is yellow and not very long (just reaches the fuse box). There are terminals 'free' at the bottom right hand side of the fuse box which is about the length of the cable (i.e. bottom right when looking out the front window with fuse box installed). There are 4 pins free in total....

Should my wire be connected to one of these 4 free ports?

20140715_110810.jpg

Cheers

Dave
I potter along at 60 remembering to fill up every 250 miles

Hacksawbob
80-90 Mem No: 1168

Re: Which connection did this go into

Post by Hacksawbob »

Sounds similar to this. http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=133734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; probably for an accessory that is not installed. If you trace the wire you may find it is actually coming from one of the multiplugs on the back of the fuse box. Don't be tempted to plug it into the fusebox to see what it does without checking where it comes from, you could be sending +12v down places it shouldn't be! The only solid yellows from the fuse box I can find are Headlight and oil pressure related and neither of them have a plug like that.
member 1168