What the frig is this?

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

paulandchez
80-90 Mem No: 12181

What the frig is this?

Post by paulandchez »

Right, now I'm putting all my interior back, I've found this in the cupboard next to the fridge and stove (westfalia joker).
I ended up ripping all the camper wiring out as previous owners had....we'll lets just say even I know bell wire shouldn't be used and not a fuse in sight!
However this bit looks original, so wondered if it's something I can reuse.
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q69 ... b45490.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q69 ... 0471a9.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:ok
T25 Westfalia 2.0l Aircooled 1980 in a nice beige colour with a bit of antique steel thrown in

tensilekid
80-90 Mem No: 4707

Re: What the frig is this?

Post by tensilekid »

Hi
This is the resistor pack for the water-level sensor. The water tank has level sensors (actually screws with push on connectors) fitted in the side the wires from the pack push on to these and then one wire goes to the "gauge" ie the panel with led,s on the cooker. The idea is that each screw is connected to a resistor of very high value (meg-ohms) and as the water touches the screw inside the tank it "shorts" each resistor in turn and the led unit effectively measures this change in resistance to read off the water level.
colin t camper

paulandchez
80-90 Mem No: 12181

Re: What the frig is this?

Post by paulandchez »

Brilliant mate. Thanks for enlightening me :ok

I'll keep hold of this then

Cheers
T25 Westfalia 2.0l Aircooled 1980 in a nice beige colour with a bit of antique steel thrown in