Radio CD Player

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

isaune
80-90 Mem No: 0

Radio CD Player

Post by isaune »

Quick question.

I know it's difficult to be specific without make/model details etc but would you agree with me that the draw of a radio on the starter battery is minimal and that a starter battery in reasonable condition should easily cope with 5 or 6 hours of radio whilst camping.

BTW, I do know the radio can be wired to the leisure battery quite simply.

I'm just interested.

Thanks

Ian

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Radio CD Player

Post by CovKid »

Well, leaving the maths aside, my starter battery would go flat in an hour (or at least so low it could no longer start the vehicle!). It now runs wholly from the leisure but I never use the stereo when parked - better to use something portable if you really must have music when parked.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

California Dreamin
80-90 Mem No: 8386

Re: Radio CD Player

Post by California Dreamin »

isaune wrote:Quick question.

I know it's difficult to be specific without make/model details etc but would you agree with me that the draw of a radio on the starter battery is minimal and that a starter battery in reasonable condition should easily cope with 5 or 6 hours of radio whilst camping.

BTW, I do know the radio can be wired to the leisure battery quite simply.

I'm just interested.

Thanks

Ian

What Ralph said ^^^ The head unit itself doesn't use a massive amount but the built in amp and seperate speakers do....as they were primarily designed to be used with a running engine, low power consumption wasn't at the top of the design list. I would say 1 - 4 hours depending on volume.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV