Help please? Drivers side indicator staying on...

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

zzippyman
80-90 Mem No: 12294

Re: Help please? Drivers side indicator staying on...

Post by zzippyman »

All fixed! I looked at the above suggestions, drew a further blank, then took it to a local auto-electrician who's now my very best friend. He quickly diagnosed the problem and it turned out it was the manifold heater relay that'd blown and melted wires in the engine bay fuse box. I suppose I was lucky the indicator provided a warning...

Anyway, thank you for your kind suggestions guys, they were much appreciated - I love this site! :D

Lastly, I can wholeheartedly recommend the auto electrician, he was extremely thorough and dropped everything to help me out this morning - his business goes by the name of Sileck Auto Electrical. He mainly works on motor racing vehicles, but said he's done a few campers and was happy to help with mine :ok
Albert, 1987 1.9l dg petrol T25 Hi-top

marlinowner
80-90 Mem No: 13646

Re: Help please? Drivers side indicator staying on...

Post by marlinowner »

Good result! You've reminded me of when I had a fire under the bonnet on a Porsche 944. The heater motor overheated and set the plastic work well alight. As I stood well back and waited for the fire brigade, the lights, horn etc went on and off as the wiring loom melted...
1993 SA VW T25/T3 2.5i Microbus/homebrew camper
1981/1968 Marlin Kitcar TR6 Engine