T25 1.9 DG Intermitant Starter Actuation

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Elsaetka
80-90 Mem No: 2639

T25 1.9 DG Intermitant Starter Actuation

Post by Elsaetka »

Hi, back with a question again.

My 1990 1.9 DG has just developed an intermitant fault with the starting system.

The starter is only a couple of years old, so no issues there, however it has just developed a fault where I have to have a few attempts to get the starter to operate. I checked the voltage at the 12v trigger wire at the solenoid and it shows a voltage intermittantly, i.e not every time the ignition switch is turned to starter. No doubt its an issue with the supply, however my question is, what is it likely to be, i'm thinking ignition switch or a relay? If it is a relay, could someone tell me which one I need to change.

Many thanks

Paul

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: T25 1.9 DG Intermitant Starter Actuation

Post by CovKid »

I don't know of a relay for trigger wire as its not drawing enough to warrant one. My money is on ignition switch or the plug that goes into ignition switch on column. Mind you, if you have a reel of wire, you could try running another cable from same two points and see if problem is still there then.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

Elsaetka
80-90 Mem No: 2639

Re: T25 1.9 DG Intermitant Starter Actuation

Post by Elsaetka »

Thanks for the reply, yes I can't see any reference to a relay either, I have ordered a new ignition switch which was not expensive. I will stick it on at the weekend, hopefully that will sort it, if not then I will investigate further as you say

Cheers

Paul