Oil light on dash /buzzer alarm

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Bigbeart25
80-90 Mem No: 0

Oil light on dash /buzzer alarm

Post by Bigbeart25 »

Can any one out there help I have a petrol t25 2 l 1986 I drive along and the oil light /buzzer flashes and the dash the engine has correct amount of oil any advice would be greatful many thanks bigbeart25

MidLifeCrisis
80-90 Mem No: 10519

Re: Oil light on dash /buzzer alarm

Post by MidLifeCrisis »

That is an oil 'pressure' warning not an oil quantity warning.
So, you have low oil pressure.
1987 Westfalia Van, Petrol 2.0 AGG

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Re: Oil light on dash /buzzer alarm

Post by ghost123uk »

Firstly, a warm welcome to club 80-90 :ok It is nice to make your acquaintance. I am sure you will enjoy the friendly help and banter on here :)

Now we have the customary polite brief introduction ;) let's try and help you :)

"We" have a HUGE knowledge base called the "wiki". A link to it can be seen at the top left of every page on here. Your light and buzzer problem is well covered HERE and about low oil pressure HERE. Have a read of that, have a look at your van, then by all means pop back and we can talk about it more :)

Let's hope it is a faulty wire or sender unit (quite common) and not actually low oil pressure, which can of course be quite serious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way, do you mean you have been driving it with this light on and the buzzer sounding :shock: I ("we") seriously hope not !! :shock:
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here