Fuel Gauge not working

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mrpowwow
80-90 Mem No: 0

Fuel Gauge not working

Post by mrpowwow »

Hi Guys
I have recently managed to get hold of a rev counter T3 dash for my crewie, i plugged it in today to see if the post 86 vans had the wiring already in place for the rev counter like a lot of people have said already, and to my surprise the rev counter worked straight away, what didn't work however was the fuel gauge, the digital clock is broken which i knew already. Is there something i am doing wrong ? is the fuel gauge linked to the digital clock ? or is the gauge broken ?

Any help would be really appreciated

cheers

Andy
:ok

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Re: Fuel Gauge not working

Post by ELVIS »

Fuel guage - Check tracks on pcb, check voltage regulator, swap your old guage in to double check its not guage.

Clock - check pcb , volt meter/continuity earth on clock.

Might be worth checking multiplug to make sure none of the contacts have got scrunched up when you've changed it over. They are very delicate.

On the wiki there is a pin out for the multi plug :ok

mrpowwow
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by mrpowwow »

Hey Elvis
My old dash was a non rev counter so the fuel gauge is different, whats a pcb ? My old gauge worked fine once i put my old dash back

thanks for the hasty reply mate much appreciated

Andy

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

Pcb is the blue flexi plastic bit. Pants design, a wobbly circuit board. After 30 years they are not too healthy.

:ok

marlinowner
80-90 Mem No: 13646

Post by marlinowner »

I recently changed my dash pod the other way (rev counter type to analogue clock type) and fuel gauge was fine so there is not a compatability problem, most likely to be a fault at the 14way connector.
1993 SA VW T25/T3 2.5i Microbus/homebrew camper
1981/1968 Marlin Kitcar TR6 Engine