wiring diagram

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

zero127
80-90 Mem No: 0

wiring diagram

Post by zero127 »

hi there could anyone help me ,, i am restoring a t25 vw camper and im at the point where i have to put my wires in for my electrics from the campsite mains,, i aim to be using a fridge ,tv,lights ,kettle i have my connection plug on the outside of my camper but i have no idea of what goes on the inside ,could anyone send me a diagram that could help me in this matter please

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Re: wiring diagram

Post by ghost123uk »

I am afraid it's not going to be as simple as that. Every different conversion has it's own way of doing things, and there are many. If I was doing it, I would buy a camping van mains RCD unit, wire that (safely) to the input socket, then wire any mains equipment and 13 Amp sockets to that. However one needs to have the knowledge to do this correctly and more importantly, safely. If you are not confident in what to do, (indicated by your asking for a wiring diagram ;)) I would think it might be worth enlisting the help of a trained electrician. Even your run of the mill "domestic" type electrician should have enough knowledge to do this. Take care ;)
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here