Analogue clock spade connector

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

NicBeeee
80-90 Mem No: 8608

Analogue clock spade connector

Post by NicBeeee »

Our clock has never worked and I am at the point of fitting the dash back in after refurb, would love to get it going, now a previous owners diy wiring on this van was not the best and various add ons (now removed such as amps, bass speakers etc) with wire starting as one colour changing several times on the way and ending up with yet anouther colour at the other end has been pulled out. I have had to replace several wires due to dodgy joins and everything seems to work ok. However the anologue clock never had any wire coming from the spade connector on the back of the clock, would I be right in thinking this would be the earth or if not does anyone no were it might need to go.

Thanks

Nic
“A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.” ― Spike Milligan

1988 1.9 DG

NicBeeee
80-90 Mem No: 8608

Re: Analogue clock spade connector

Post by NicBeeee »

NO worries I think I get it, live feed from the circuit, not connected properly probably to something being spurred of it, no doubt something really useful being spurred of it
“A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.” ― Spike Milligan

1988 1.9 DG

pirate-pete
80-90 Mem No: 7945

Re: Analogue clock spade connector

Post by pirate-pete »

One towards centre of cluster is the positive - there is a flat strip on the PCB which goes into the clock terminal and held with plastic clip. One towards the left if looking at back of clock has a circular hole in the pcb track and fits under the other clock terminal - the one with the screw. Doing this from memory as my clock in the van and am looking at a cluster without the clock fitted (but PCB terminals present).
1983 Westy Joker HighTop, 1Z TDI Conversion