Advice needed please, it's not working ggrrr

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

xpertbert
80-90 Mem No: 12900

Advice needed please, it's not working ggrrr

Post by xpertbert »

Hi all, my bus went in for a mot, I had a service and fuel filter done at the same time. I wished I had done it myself now. Fuel gauge now doesn't work. Indicators sometimes now stops working, I can hear a clicking around the fuse board. Bloody mechanics. Any tips guys, I'm sorting this myself.

MidLifeCrisis
80-90 Mem No: 10519

Re: Advice needed please, it's not working ggrrr

Post by MidLifeCrisis »

They may have knocked the long white connector on the back of the gauge cluster (perhaps while taking a look at the brake/clutch fluid) - not quite sure how they'd manage that but it's a possibility; what might account for the fuel gauge.
What's the clicking that you are hearing - is that only with the indicators on? What's the indication that the indicators arent working (is it the light on the dash, the indicators themselves, the flash-relay)?
1987 Westfalia Van, Petrol 2.0 AGG

xpertbert
80-90 Mem No: 12900

Post by xpertbert »

When flicking the indicator on, nothing works. But you hear a clicking round the fuse board, is it a relay that is faulty then. This only happens now and again I will have a look behind the dash to, thanks again...

clinning
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by clinning »

Did this get fixed as have similar problem. Occasionally ns indicator does not come on, and my temp/ fuel gauge does not work. Have had a look at crowns cleaned up a bit and out back. No joy. Thinking that as there was an aftermarket immob fitted could the wiring be shorting some where. Anyway let us know if you find the issue. Marc
1984 Devon 1.9 DG