Paint internal roof liner on a Caravelle

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

marlton67
80-90 Mem No: 9196

Paint internal roof liner on a Caravelle

Post by marlton67 »

Hi
Could anybody tell me if they have Painted their internal roof liner (material) as mine is so dirty but in good condition
I dont want to try to clean it. Would like to paint it black to cover all the yellow smoke stains, If so is there a speical paint I should use (Brand) or would any fabric paint do the job. Any help would be of great help.
Regards
Ian

Willoughby
80-90 Mem No: 3068

Re: Paint internal roof liner on a Caravelle

Post by Willoughby »

Hi

Welcome in,

I used Kiwi Trainer Whitener on my head lining but it ain't no Caravelle.

http://www.kiwicare.com/UK/Products/Sport/

Worked a treat, u may have to do some o=pin whor tho.

K
http://www.parka.plus.com/cookie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - wee test for me.

Kev.

2020mad
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 8563

Post by 2020mad »

I have used acylic paint on a couple of time on my beetle with great success, i am currently doing my caravelle with not such a great success but is probley the colour. previously i have used black and and looks great after 2 coats. so far i have put 2 coats on my bus but it looks a bit patchy still, am going to give it another coat at weekend hopefully it will even out. i have mixed a nice silver grey colour for the bus. been buying from the works 2 tubes for £5 and using a mini roller to apply. as its acylic its flexible for canvas and covers without cracking.

marlton67
80-90 Mem No: 9196

Post by marlton67 »

Hi 2020Mad or Anyone
thanks for the info. Sorry to sound thick would any acrylic paint do the job? Also which would be best spray from a rattle can or roller? Again thanks for the help.
regards
Ian

2020mad
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 8563

Post by 2020mad »

I have only ever rollered only because by the time you mask all inside of car/bus and mask windows you have no light to work with or any ventalation as such to spray, by using a roller you only ned to mask a few edges and if you get any on a body panels or glass, quickly wipe off with a damp cloth.