How worried should I be...

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

nairnski
80-90 Mem No: 1623

How worried should I be...

Post by nairnski »

about the rust forming along the seam below the lower grille on my T25? It's the vertical bit between the bumper and the lower grille. It seems quite common on T25s.

How hard is it to cut out the rust and put in new metal? Are there any repair panels available? It's an 86 water cooled.

Has anyone had any success treating this problem?

Thanks
nairn .

Cate
80-90 Mem No: 1024
Location: Here & there on the Isle of Wight. 80-90 1024, sync 22, Goon.

Post by Cate »

Mine's gone there too, I'm hoping the fella doing some other work on it will be able to deal with this, I'll be interested in the replies.
Me!
..and here's the twist...I don't exist....

Hacksawbob
80-90 Mem No: 1168

Post by Hacksawbob »

you should not be worried at all, as it is all fixable (I wish I'd follow my own advice sometimes!) panels are available and section can be cut out and new bit welded in etc, how bad is it surface or holed? pics where are you based? fill in your profile
member 1168

nairnski
80-90 Mem No: 1623

Post by nairnski »

Am in South London so need to find somewhere local to do it. I don't have a garage/driveway so hard to do big jobs on he street.

it's quite bad, could probably get a screwdriver through some of the bits without too much effort. Been bodged a bit as well. It seems to be confined to a couple of feet in the middle of the panel, so should just be able to replace that section without having to replace the whole panel or even that much of it. I hope.

Anyone know any good places in South London that do bodywork?

nairn