Fixing to Bodywork

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

MK_Munchie

Fixing to Bodywork

Post by MK_Munchie »

I have recently bought a T25 Hightop as my first experience of campervans.

I want to fit a curtain rail in the front cab as it currently only has one behind the front seats, however my knowledge of doing this sort of stuff is pretty close to nil.

can anyone give me a steer on how to fix it, and what sort of tools/drills would be needed, as I'm assuming that I need to drill a couple of holes in the bodywork and screw into them, but i'm not sure how or with what

Any advice gratefully accepted

sandwedge
80-90 Mem No: 7352

Re: Fixing to Bodywork

Post by sandwedge »

Most cab curtains use press studs also known as press snaps, usually 4 or 5 across the top of the window, get some press studs and some self tappers that will fit through the hole in the center of the stud. You will also need a drill smaller than the OD of the screw to pilot the screw holes in the body.
Then its simply a case of screwing the male part of the press stud to the body, and the female part to the curtain.

These people sell snap which Ive used in the past http://www.fasnap.com/index.php/cPath/45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, you also need the rivet tool to fix to your curtains, the cheep versions are available from ebay.

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Post by kentishvanman »

Hi,
My curtain rail, round the cab, utilises the screws that hold the sunvisor. It is also fixed in the centre above the rear view mirror and again above the door pillars.
There maybe an easier solution. If you put your whereabouts in your profile there maybe someone nearby who can help you out.
Don
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG

MK_Munchie

Post by MK_Munchie »

thanks guys

There are already some fastners screwed in so I might use those as fixing points and possibly the visors

good thought

Bryan