Factory Windows

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

alden1957
80-90 Mem No: 1700

Factory Windows

Post by alden1957 »

Hi.
Seeking advice as to how to remove factory windows to clear all rusty bits underneath..
I have not a clue how they come out without damaging them, so basic step by step would be useful...
After removal are seals reuseable?
Cheers.. :)
Al and Den... 1981 Danbury Aircooled Camper 1795cc LPG'd by "Gasure" of course...
Moby 07749 739818
alden@vwt25.com

rowlesy
80-90 Mem No: 1289

Post by rowlesy »

two person activity!!!!! remove insert takeing into account that this has never been done before on your bus ! they'll probably split/break as they go hard and brittle start at the bottom inside corner and prise seal up along bottom edge (you can put a long flat screwdriver to hold the seal up but dont force it in) and a little way up the side be sure to apply firm pressure in that particular area. at same time use fingers to lift as much seal as possible and carry on pushing window out (second person outside of bus to catch window) its a b@st@rd to do but when it starts to go the whole of the bottom will pop out and you can slide the glass out of its apperture! :shock: i did mine like this but others may have an easier way ! i sweated like a pig and i only did one side !!!!! :?
everytime you masterbate god kills a kitten! member 1289 does this still mean owt?

Ade
80-90 Mem No: 0
Location: The Welsh Rivierra Number Six Hundred and Ninety Nine

Post by Ade »

Single person activity................

lift the edge of the inside lip with a convenient tool,tuck this edge behind the metal lip,move along the window repeating,push the window outwards frequently to increase the gap.when you reach around half to two thirds of the circumfrence,move outside,slide fingers behind seal and pull gently untill window and seal come out

Its a relatively easy job,made even easier with two pairs of hands,patience is an important requirement

Refitting is a doodle in comparison,but definitely requires two people

TD
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by TD »

Sharp objects crack windows, so I now use flat bits of wood, some lubicant helps get them back, but not washing up liquid which has salt in it.
rust seems to be worse on after market windows where hole left unfinished :evil:
Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.
Member LX

alden1957
80-90 Mem No: 1700

Post by alden1957 »

Thanks Guys..big help...ill give em a go over the Winter.. :)
Al and Den... 1981 Danbury Aircooled Camper 1795cc LPG'd by "Gasure" of course...
Moby 07749 739818
alden@vwt25.com