Window winder hits door speaker 'fix'.

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wasserleaker
80-90 Mem No: 3058

Window winder hits door speaker 'fix'.

Post by wasserleaker »

niggly problem, but well annoying, the winder handle rubs on the door speaker on both sides in my van, noticed it does the same but worse in a mates van, his passengerside wont wind down at all! not good on a hot day. badly placed aftermarket speakers to blame, but got a pair of handles from a scrapyard which stick out a good 5 or 6mm more and clear the speakers,
they're from a mid 90's Seat ibiza. splines were a little tighter, but shoved on with a good push. problem solved! might be of help to some one.

Other-Power
80-90 Mem No: 3353

Post by Other-Power »

Top tip thanks!

something so simple is over looked :shock:

Jon
Its big, Its Blue, Its mine!

jock_sbfc
80-90 Mem No: 3217

Post by jock_sbfc »

Brillant. I've got the same problem and was starting to think about how to solve it (just got the speakers put in, so the bonus of sound was out-weighing the heat problem!)

T3teedub
80-90 Mem No: 4108

Post by T3teedub »

My speakers are currently at the back end of the doors (fitted by a previous owner) so are almost useless when driving. Your tip makes some useful alternative locations possible. Thanks :wink:
Member 4108 (recycled from mem 1404)

just_vegin
80-90 Mem No: 3998

Post by just_vegin »

I've been having this trouble. the previous one was glued up so I didn't realise I had a magic piece in there until I bought a replacement and I only managed to open the window about 2 inches before the handle whacked the window and would go no further.

Took the other side off to have a look and now I know that what I need is a sort of stand-off washer. It's a thick black plastic disc with the same diameter as the gasket. 14mm thick and has a female spline on one side and a male spline on the other. If I could get one of these then any handles would work but I've been drawing blanks.

Anyone know where to get one???

cheers,
Mike