Can VW T4 TRANSPORTER CARAVELLE REAR BENCH fit a T25

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Sparksy79
80-90 Mem No: 0

Can VW T4 TRANSPORTER CARAVELLE REAR BENCH fit a T25

Post by Sparksy79 »

Hi
just become the proud owner of a T25. We have gutted the DIY interior and I want to find a full width rock and roll bed / rear bench to go in it . Ideally similar to those found on the multivans.
The
Can anyone tell me whether this would fit in a T 25

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221507997855?nav=SEARCH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If not where can I find such a thing.

Thanks
Emma

Sparksy79

Re: Can VW T4 TRANSPORTER CARAVELLE REAR BENCH fit a T25

Post by Sparksy79 »

please help

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Will try. Well anything can be made to fit but remember the T25 rear seat has to sit against a sloped bulkhead. Can't see the back of seat in those pics and you could be left with a seat that sits too far forward. Height may need to be altered. Could be a nightmare to do unless you're prepared to pull them apart and can weld ok. We need some measurements here but don't have a T4 Caravelle to check. Ask on the Brickyard?

They definately aren't a straight fit - no way.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

Sparksy79

Post by Sparksy79 »

Thank you very much, that is enough info for me to say NO to buying that then. I am not the least bit a welder. I have just bought my very first, basic T25 and have spent the last two days stripping it and cleaning it. I want the set up similar to a multivan everntually, with a full width bench/bed, table and swivel seats, maybe a wood burner too.

I did try and ask the seller but he was very vague which didn't feel good anyway. From what I can tell, having searched online for an old full width rear bench / bed from a T25, they are not that easy to come by. I guess my search continues..... If anyone has one for sale, I am interested!

Thanks again :)

boatbuilder
80-90 Mem No: 8265

Post by boatbuilder »

I believe what you're looking for would be a "multivan rock and roll bed". Only came in Left hand drive I think. Am on the lookout for one myself... :D
1984 1.9D (AEF Code) T25 tintop