Cab door seal

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wallis07
80-90 Mem No: 16855

Cab door seal

Post by wallis07 »

Hi guys, hoping somebody can give me some advice? I have a t25 1983 hightop autohomes conversion (not sure that makes a difference).
Last night i fitted a pair of cab door seals to the van. The drivers one is fine fits lovely. Since fitting the passenger one the door doesn't close properly?
I stuck it in with evostik and used new retaining clips. Tried adjusting the door on the four bolts but no luck. Was just wondering if anyone was aware of different seals for different years or where i might be going wrong? They're OE quality seals from vw emporium so can't imagine its the seal itself. Any input appreciated. Thanks in advance, Luke.

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Re: Cab door seal

Post by Plasticman »

emporiums are usually good, what was the label on them?
also consider that the old seals will have worn and deformed so allowing a tighter closure, try backing of the striker plate and moving out a touch
mm

wallis07

Post by wallis07 »

Thanks for the reply metalmick8y . It says on the label front cab door seal right/left 82-90. Did as you said and tried adjusting the striker plate but still no joy. On closer inspection it looks like at some point somebody has painted the doors with some old sealant/glue still on the doors so i've just taken it back to the original surface and going to try again. This may sound daft but does the grove in the seal face outwards or in towards the door? Got a bit carried away and didn't pay much attention when removing but i"m sure it's outward ?
Thanks again, Luke.

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

put a picky up of the way you have the seal
mm

wallis07

Post by wallis07 »

Panic over ! Managed to have a look at another van. I had the seal in the right way just had to mess about getting the seal in a particular way on the lower front part of the door. Several hours and swear words later i got there. Thanks anyway metalmick8y