propex heater

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

colincolin64
80-90 Mem No: 0

propex heater

Post by colincolin64 »

hi ther can any one help i have a x1 propex heater gone down and i have tested it and the circuit board has gone does any one have one or can they tell me where to go to get a new one or upgrade or how to fix it i need a diagram thankyou colin

discipleofsketch
80-90 Mem No: 11538

Re: propex heater

Post by discipleofsketch »

colincolin64 wrote:hi ther can any one help i have a x1 propex heater gone down and i have tested it and the circuit board has gone does any one have one or can they tell me where to go to get a new one or upgrade or how to fix it i need a diagram thankyou colin

Is the circuit board in the thermostat?

If so, mine was broken too, so I removed it - join the red and orange wires together and fit a switch instead as a workaround. This was for a compact 1600.
Former owner of 1983 DG panel van and 1983 Devon moonraker pop-top, 1.9 tdi (1z) conversion

colincolin64

Post by colincolin64 »

hi ther i have no thermastat so what can i do please

discipleofsketch
80-90 Mem No: 11538

Post by discipleofsketch »

colincolin64 wrote:hi ther i have no thermastat so what can i do please

No other ideas, other than the suggestion I made above. i.e. on mine, with the thermostat removed I am now able to operate it by running a twelve volt current to the joined orange and red wires, black wire to earth.

I sent mine back to propex to be tested, as it didn't work when I got it, and I didn't know if it was safe to use, and this was the engineers suggestion (at least as a workaround).

Yours might be different though!
Former owner of 1983 DG panel van and 1983 Devon moonraker pop-top, 1.9 tdi (1z) conversion

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Post by itchyfeet »

Phone up propex, i believe they do a repair service

http://www.propexheatsource.co.uk/support" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Propex workshop team are always helpful. It barely matters what state a unit arrives to them, it always comes back in first class condition, ready to run. They have an enviable reputation for quality which they guard. Some stuff you can do yourself, some work is best left to them. If it was the thermostat unit, I expect damaged components could be replaced at home but if its inside the unit as you suggest, its a Propex job.

Mine had severe corrosion to the case where the exhaust exits so we stripped it down and migged up the case with new metal and repainted to make it as good as new. However, apart from the fan (which can sort of be rebuilt if you're careful) everything else in there is best left to them I think. You could try asking them for just the board but they may insist on it being tested etc. Chances of a secondhand board are practically zero and I know of no publicly available circuit diagram.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

colincolin64

Post by colincolin64 »

Hi all thankyou for all your help I will ring propex tomorrow :ok you all been brill