silver trim to headlights

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

batesy16
80-90 Mem No: 13576

silver trim to headlights

Post by batesy16 »

I have taken off my front headlight grill to give it a bit of a touch up. but have now noticed a half inch gap that runs all the way around.

can this be filled with a piece of trim similar to what the golf gti had in red around it.

if so does anyone know where I can get this from??

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: silver trim to headlights

Post by CovKid »

On the Caravelle, this raised edge was sprayed silver. Have seen it picked out in red but I always think it looks a bit naff done like that. Works better on Golfs.

Try it with coloured insulating tape from local pound shop first. That way you can try it without being committed....
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

batesy16
80-90 Mem No: 13576

Post by batesy16 »

do you know where I can actually get the silver trim bit from, as mine is missing it.

I want to either keep it black or white to match the van. but I need to get it first lol

yetihair
80-90 Mem No: 11447

Post by yetihair »

It isn't a bit, the original grill just had the raised bit chromed.
On rereading the original post you mention a gap. That is supposed to be there and there isn't anything standard to fill it afaik.
Decorators caulk? Lol
1989 Caravelle 1.9l Petrol

pinpointer01
80-90 Mem No: 12783

Post by pinpointer01 »

Hi,

I,ve just bought a second hand grill for my carravel (square lights) and this has a crome trim inserted into the surround similar to the deluxe window, s on my carravel, however the original grill was painted silver from the factory, Ive just had quick look and the crome trim is held into the grill with a rubber seal, if this was removed it would leave you with the gap around your grill as you described, as where to get these from ? good luck,

Dave R
WHO KEEPS MOVIN ME NUTS!!!!!!