Rear "Big" Bumper Removal

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

grahamp

Rear "Big" Bumper Removal

Post by grahamp »

My 1989 T25 Holdsworth camper is fitted with "Big Bumpers". I believe them to be original fit. Need to remove the rear to clean up bodywork. Any advice on how to remove would be greatly appreciated!!!

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Re: Rear "Big" Bumper Removal

Post by 1664 »

Held on by six bolts. Two under rear of each wheel arch and one either side under bumper. If it's never been removed before crack and loosen each bolt in turn before you remove them completely, that way you won't end up with your bumper hanging on one bolt that just won't budge. Easiest to remove it in one piece rather than struggle to remove the sides from the main body. A few piccies for you

Under rear ns wheel arch, the hole (white arrow) is where a bolt is missing as I needed to remove the bumper again the next day so didn't bother refitting it

NS fixing under bumper

There are small rectangular PVC 'spacers' behind the bolts - make sure you don't lose them
Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

grahamp

Re: Rear "Big" Bumper Removal

Post by grahamp »

Thanks for your response. Located all 6 bolts and loosened them off, greased and tightened them up again. Taking the van out this weekend so wiil tackle the bumper proper next week. Will let you know how I get on. Again - thanks.